TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

UK Model S purchase this week - current owners thoughts before buying

Discussion in 'Model S' started by Dan43, Jul 27, 2016.

1. Dan43

Dan43 Member

Just a quick thread to get some thoughts on those who own a Model S already and their general feel good factor, if any, and ownership experience. Drivetrain, electric v ICE, using a more tech leaning car overall (I think I will like playing range wars with the car, updating and generally using the entire tech eco-system Tesla have adopted)

I'm close to placing a deposit this week for UK before the probable UK July 31st price change (probably an increase and shift in monthly PCP costs) and wanted to gauge owners thoughts on the pure driving pleasure and how if you did own some other exotica how it has compared and hopefully bettered that ownership experience?

Other post in similar thread :
    Those costs are still a bit of a worry, I'm flip flopping this week, but I know the second test drive tomorrow I will want one.
    I guess I'm hoping that unlike say a used Jaguar F-Type or similar exotica lite purchase (used Aston Vantage or whatever fits the same £50-60K price bracket for an ICE) that the Model S ticks more boxes for driving pleasure and ownership, sophistication, EV credentials and some savings there, and overall feel good factor, I want to enjoy driving again.

2. Dan43

Dan43 Member

I think thats what I am buying into, the Tesla ethos on vehicle use/ownership their shift in how a car works and delivers its experience, it does appear quite a shift in overall philosophy of what owning a car can represent.

Also I'm hoping that after 24 months I'm either a lifelong convert to this or its back to ICE.

Plus my own feeling is Tesla may be the only full EV player for quite a while, I do feel their jump on the industry is becoming quite significant in the area of that ethos/philosophy and that I can't see any ICE manufacturer quite getting EV overall ownership quite the same as Tesla seem to have done. Hmmm just musings.