Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK Model S Seat Heater VS USA Model S Seat Heater

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So after seeing this video:

I checked my MS 75D late 2018 with the FLIR cam and found out that there are no heating elements on any of the seats side bolsters, only the back and the bum area like the Model 3. Don't know why Tesla UK cheaped out on this or is it just my car? Even my 2006 BMW had heated side bolsters and so nice to be in cold weather.

sorry but you get a slightly acerbic response from me on this one ;)

Never felt cold in my seats, and that's only on setting 1; any more and they're too hot for me, and let's face it London is not exactly -20C Norway or Canada territory. Pre-heat them from the app (which your 2006 BMW had of course) over breakfast and they're just fine.

honestly though the forensic analysis that goes into Telsa cars is crazy.

It's like people are fine with their cars until somebody does some test or other, and all of a sudden the car is a garbage peice of junk; even the Model T was better than this ...

There's people turning up with paint depth gauges, gap measuring tools and checklists of every single micro-quibble (did I just invent a rather good new unit there?) they have every read anywhere on the internet.
An awful lot of this has been fostered by the Tesla shorts of course, but continues to the day and just ends up with customers completely unecessarily unhappy with their cars.

By Porsche own admission what Tesla have achieved is "astonishing", and yes there have been problems, and will continue to be problems as Tesla matures and I have been and will continue to be critical of Tesla quality as of all things this could be their undoing. But consider they have ony just installed their first "proper" assembly line puts this into better context I think.

In summary , just enjoy the car for all the stuff it does that nobody else on the planet do today, and don't let these micro-quibbles get to you.

Reactions: arcus and Doctor X
It's like people are fine with their cars until somebody does some test or other, and all of a sudden the car is a garbage peice of junk; even the Model T was better than this

LOL or it could also be when you love something then you notice everything good and bad, but yes you're absolutely right. I guess maybe I lived in the US for too long and developed the habit of being vocal about everything regardless of how small it is, as compared to here in the UK where it's on the other end of the spectrum. ;)

Reactions: thegruf
LOL or it could also be when you love something then you notice everything good and bad, but yes you're absolutely right. I guess maybe I lived in the US for too long and developed the habit of being vocal about everything regardless of how small it is, as compared to here in the UK where it's on the other end of the spectrum. ;)
Off topic, but being of the opposite translatlantic migration, I wholeheartedly agree. I have 600 or so people at work in the UK who do complain a bit but mostly just get on with it. In my US department (and even worse in Europe), it’s the other way around.

Reactions: firewire
TBH, having heating wires in the bolsters can be a problem. VW had lots of problems with the wires there fraying due to all the movement in those areas. and eventually shorting out and burning the seat material and the driver's pants.

Part of the TSB included bypassing those sections of the element.

-J

Reactions: firewire