Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK Model X versus USA Model X

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a model X LR coming in September (Apparently!) 22" wheels, black no cost interior option and standard autopilot.

On the UK Tesla site we just have Two options:

1: Model X Long range > 314 Miles
2: Model X Performance > 301 Miles

On on the United States site it is:

1: Model X Long range > 351 Miles
2: Model X Performance > 305 Miles

Any ideas why we are quoted with less range?

I can only think its range is tested by a different company in the UK, or they allow for us generally being colder and wetter!

Oh and just for FUN

Interesting to see also that I am paying £88,380 and convert that to dollars! = $114,237

The same car in USA is $85,490 convert that back to UK pounds > £66,096

I know I know, there is shipping to the UK and all manor of taxes and a load of other costs but sometimes I wish I lived in USA!

I have a model X LR coming in September (Apparently!) 22" wheels, black no cost interior option and standard autopilot.

I can only think its range is tested by a different company in the UK, or they allow for us generally being colder and wetter!

Oh and just for FUN

Interesting to see also that I am paying £88,380 and convert that to dollars! = $114,237

I know I know, there is shipping to the UK and all manor of taxes and a load of other costs but sometimes I wish I lived in USA!

Paying 2200 USD/mo for health insurance for 2 with $7500 deductible. Still want to live in US?

Reactions: gangzoom
That table is really interesting as I'm currently in a Audi Etron and when they do the math and come back with an average of 238 miles, that is what Audi UK now have on their own web site as the marketing range for the MY20 Audi Etron 238!
Obviously its nowhere near that in real life! Hence the move from Audi to Tesla for me

"Paying 2200 USD/mo for health insurance for 2 with $7500 deductible. Still want to live in US?"

.. I think I would take the insurance as the UK is wet and cold 90% of the year!

[cut]

[cut]

You should remove UK VAT from the price before comparing. As has been mentioned by others, US price is pre-tax, UK price is of course required to be pretty much your out of pocket.

$114k / 1.2 =~ $95k. Which seems more comparable to the US $85k you quote.

Slightly dated post, but...

As well at UK Vat at 20%, don’t forget we currently pay 10% import duty on US built cars (and we have to add the 10% Duty + freight to the base cost of the car, before calculating the 20% vat).

So actually, prices before the various taxes are all very similar.

Oh and just for FUN

Don't forget you will not be able to CHARGE a US car in Europe. The charge port connector is different, as are the European power standards. If that is not enough, the steering wheel is on the left.