Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK Model Y Nearing Delivery - Resale Value ?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So, I've been advised of delivery in March for MYLR, Prem Interior, Autopilot & Self Drive @ 65k (UK model). I was expecting to have sold my Jag iPace but it has a faulty heater and is on back order with no ETA and could be months. So I'm toying with buying the MY anyway and flipping and put in a repeat order (maybe the 7 seater if it becomes available). Any ideas on what the resale values are with delivery mileage ?

So, I've been advised of delivery in March for MYLR, Prem Interior, Autopilot & Self Drive @ 65k (UK model). I was expecting to have sold my Jag iPace but it has a faulty heater and is on back order with no ETA and could be months. So I'm toying with buying the MY anyway and flipping and put in a repeat order (maybe the 7 seater if it becomes available). Any ideas on what the resale values are with delivery mileage ?
If you do that there is big possibility Tesla will forever ban you from buying. There have been reports of that already.

Banning customers from buying. Forever. What a laugh from a company of the free world. This ain't some fraud, it's circumstance. Or is it that Tesla would rather sell it at an inflated profit ? Are you a Tesla affiliate, Bot ?

I don't think anybody here is going to help you "flip" your brand new Model Y for the sake of pure profit. It should be pretty easy to understand most people would frown on that type of behavior. Especially not when there are 100's of people on this forum that are still waiting several months for delivery of their new Y.

That said if you are interested in the resale value of Model Y's.. it's pretty easy to find that information with a google search. You will get much better results looking at other places, besides this forum.

Reactions: WhiteWi
I don't think anybody here is going to help you "flip" your brand new Model Y for the sake of pure profit. It should be pretty easy to understand most people would frown on that type of behavior. Especially not when there are 100's of people on this forum that are still waiting several months for delivery of their new Y.

That said if you are interested in the resale value of Model Y's.. it's pretty easy to find that information with a google search. You will get much better results looking at other places, besides this forum.
Ok but I've waited many months to take delivery too. I want it more than my current car. As mentioned previously, I am toying with the idea having got a pretty poor response from Tesla too. My relinquishing this car would have no effect on the plight of others either. Again this is not "behaviour" it is circumstance and not planned in advance for "pure profit". After all, Tesla would "flip it" quite happily, as indeed they told me. That said, I may just keep it.

Tesla is well aware that circumstances indeed can change over time. This is why they allow buyers to easily cancel their deliveries.

Your post may lead Tesla to believe that you are currently intending to flip your car for a profit. It is up to them to decide how to react to that.

Reactions: WhiteWi
Tesla is well aware that circumstances indeed can change over time. This is why they allow buyers to easily cancel their deliveries.

Your post may lead Tesla to believe that you are currently intending to flip your car for a profit. It is up to them to decide how to react to that.
You're suggesting they may pre-empt what I might do with my car. And ban me for life from buying with them, as someone else suggested. Yes I can cancel and let Tesla do the flip.