Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK Model Y Order Book Open

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Quite a hit on the WLTP range vs Model 3 - Model Y LR is 315 vs 360 miles for Model 3 LR. Under 300 miles for Model Y performance. Not that WLTP is a good estimate of real world range. When Model Y was launched in US, I'm sure that it was closer if not better than the then non heat pump Model 3's. 315 miles is well down on even the original Model 3's which was WLTP 349 iirc (310 miles EPA).

Quite a hit on the WLTP range vs Model 3 - Model Y LR is 315 vs 360 miles for Model 3 LR. Under 300, miles for Model Y performance. Not that WLTP is a good estimate of real world range. When Model Y was launched in US, I'm sure that it was closer if not better than the then non heat pump Model 3's. 315 miles is well down on even the original Model 3's which was 349 iirc.
It's pretty confusing to see an WLTP range estimate be lower than it's EPA counterpart (Standing at 326mi)? What could be the cause? Assuming that UK MY's aren't going to have smaller batteries.

Road test of the UK RHD M3 vs EU LHD MY had them very close together in terms of range and efficiency accoding to this video review posted last month:

Not sure why the WLTP figures are so different on the website vs this real-life review.

Road test of the UK RHD M3 vs EU LHD MY had them very close together in terms of range and efficiency accoding to this video review posted last month:

Not sure why the WLTP figures are so different on the website vs this real-life review.
Unless you know which battery each car has and what you'd get it's pretty meaningless, and Richard has been caught out before with getting the battery wrong.

Woke up at 7 and randomly checked the Tesla website when I noticed the model Y was available for pre order. I reserved it at 7:40. I can’t wait!!! I like the model 3 a lot but been missing the feel of a bigger car with more cargo space, the X is out of my range so the Y is just perfect

I guess it is possible in the future that Berlin will end up making RHD cars for the UK, but I presume it would come down to a simple calculus about how much it costs to transport cars from Shanghai to the UK vs the logistics and costs of tooling for one market.
10% import tax into Europe is a big deal. I'd imagine Tesla will want to switch all European vehicles to be made in region asap.

Unless you know which battery each car has and what you'd get it's pretty meaningless, and Richard has been caught out before with getting the battery wrong.

His quoting efficiency...regardless of battery size the efficiency at 70mph between the 3/Y is remarkably similar given the larger size of the Y. Its a not a looker but who cares when its so aero!!