Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK Model Y Order Book Open

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Morning all.

MY order placed earlier this month (via Britannia Car Leasing/ Hitachi lease) earlier this month. I'm replacing my Audi Q5 and have been waiting on something slightly larger than the M3, so given the financial benefits of being able to lease this through my company (I'm going to save about £250 a month before fuel savings compared to my Q5) and the size made it the perfect option. Slightly nervous that I haven't seen one in person but have test driven the M3 and was happy and I don't do a huge amount of miles a year.

What are peoples expectations are around delivery. I know the Tesla website says early 2022 but speaking with the chap at Tesla Cambridge his view was the the whole UK Q1 allocation of Ys was sold out within a week of going on sale in October so early 2022 might actually mean Q2.

Z
Maybe and in Tesla Speak "Q2" = June since most cars are delivered overseas at the end of the quarter. but that is still in the first half of the year so can we call that early?

For those concerned about MIC I can only say I have owned 3 M3s to date and the 2021 M3LR from MIC is by far and away the best.
I would rather my MY (now on order for Q1 2022) comes from China. The build changes and battery changes forecast for Berlin need to be bedded down first. Also it could easily be 12-24 months before a Right hand drive vehicle is produced in Berlin. Why would they produce RHD from Berlin, while there is pent up demand in the EU and when only UK and Ireland drive on the left in Europe.

Reports of Model Y Performance built in China coming with:

• AMD Ryzen graphics
  • Lithium-ion aux battery
  • Laminated rear windows
Assuming the UK will get deliveries from China. Perhaps these changes will also be present on the LR variants by the time they arrive here? These updates don't sound like the usual differentiators for a performance model so perhaps we'll also see these on the 3s in time as well.

More detail here: