Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK Model Y owners

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
A relatively short drive from Salisbury to East Cholderton (The Red Lion) I counted 5 model Ys and 2 Model 3s. One of the Ys was dead on the side of the road as we drove out and in the process of recovery 3 hours later... It does seem to me that there are a LOT of Model Ys on the roads since the beginning of March.

The March / April sales figures will be interesting....

I'm not sure whether this is the right thread to ask this, but I'll give it a go anyway.

I took delivery of my Y LR last week, and have noticed the audio doesnt seem as good as i was expecting (unless turned up loud). So I've had my ear up against the front pillar speaks and it doesn't seem like there is any sound coming out. I thought the audio would be more immersive and so i'm wondering if there is an issue with these front speakers because the sound only appears to be coming from the windscreen speakers and bass from the doors.

Has anyone else had/notice the same?

I'm not sure whether this is the right thread to ask this, but I'll give it a go anyway.

I took delivery of my Y LR last week, and have noticed the audio doesnt seem as good as i was expecting (unless turned up loud). So I've had my ear up against the front pillar speaks and it doesn't seem like there is any sound coming out. I thought the audio would be more immersive and so i'm wondering if there is an issue with these front speakers because the sound only appears to be coming from the windscreen speakers and bass from the doors.

Has anyone else had/notice the same?
People often say this, it's hard to verify the noise comes from those speakers unless your ear is very close, I can hear it but only just. Maybe your ears are defective :) Also check in the Audio settings you have enabled Immersive sound, you should be able to hear a subtle difference.

Reactions: MattYLR
Hi everyone, I took delivery of my Y on Wednesday. absolutely loving it.
I’m trying to get the rear camera on the screen permanently while driving as the rear vision is not the best.
I’ve seen US YouTube videos where this is done, but I don’t seem to have their options? Not sure if it a UK law thing? And can’t be done in the UK.
Any advice is very much appreciated, thanks.

Last edited:
Hi everyone, I took delivery of my Y on Wednesday. absolutely loving it.
I’m trying to get the rear camera on the screen permanently while driving as the rear vision is not the best.
I’ve seen US YouTube videos where this is done, but I don’t seem to have their options? Not sure if it a UK law thing? And can’t be done in the UK.
Any advice is very much appreciated, thanks.
You can add the rear camera to the bottom menu bar on the screen then activate it any time while you are driving but it will take up most of the screen and you will have to keep activating it all the time after you use the screen for anything else.
There is no way to have it say overlay in a small box the whole time the way the blind spot works.

Seems a bit OTT though TBH. Rear visibility is not great but lots of vehicles have no rear view at all and they cope. That is what wing mirrors are for.

You can add the rear camera to the bottom menu bar on the screen then activate it any time while you are driving but it will take up most of the screen and you will have to keep activating it all the time after you use the screen for anything else.
There is no way to have it say overlay in a small box the whole time the way the blind spot works.

Seems a bit OTT though TBH. Rear visibility is not great but lots of vehicles have no rear view at all and they cope. That is what wing mirrors are fo
Thanks Jason, I agree with you I'm probs over thinking about it.