Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK Model Y with Blue Exterior and White Interior with Geminis/Inductions?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all,
in fear of this being discussed to death, we in the Uk will soon get our hands on the Model Y.

I was going to go MSM, but then saw the US is getting this for free and am loathe to spend £1000 to then find it free in 12 months time.

So settling on Blue and thinking white interior.

My biggest question is now do I go Geminis (for ride quality as our motoring journalists seem to hate the ride on the 20" wheels and the roads near me are awful) and possibly get them coated as black or go full induction and get some AlloyGator protection (my family has a habit of curbing in record time).

really looking for some comparisons so I can see what induction, black powder Gemini, naked Gemini look like on the blue with white?

Thanks all

I have naked Geminis on my DBM - car see my avatar. I went with the black interior, but I'm not sure that changes the look that much. I would have gone for the white, but preferred the wood dash vs the white plastic piece.

Here's a before-after comparison -

IMG_0675.jpgIMG_0678.jpg

Interesting I have ordered exactly the same: MYPerformance White interior and blue paint. I am also thinking the ride may be a bit hard but the look is worth it. Also I may hold for the 7 seats as that‘s what we really need but depends how long the wait is. May just get the 5 seats and be done with it as it‘s due in March. hopefully

I was interested in the same set up for my PWMC. I ended up buying black AlloyGators and Satin Black Gemini EV Wraps to get the desired effect. Only problem is that I had a fairly gnarly curb strike while (FSD Beta) was driving so I need to smooth that out before cleaning and installing everything. I know you can also buy separate covers from Laminar Black – Set of 4 Wheel Covers.

Please post if you have AlloyGators on as I'm eager to see how they fit on the Geminis and if they still allow the covers to mount properly, etc.

Last edited:
I have naked Geminis on my DBM - car see my avatar. I went with the black interior, but I'm not sure that changes the look that much. I would have gone for the white, but preferred the wood dash vs the white plastic piece.

Here's a before-after comparison -

View attachment 741154View attachment 741155

That's really useful, thanks for posting. Have a Blue MY with Geminis on order. And looking at your pics, I quite like the Gemini covers actually. They certainly look better than the Aero covers on my 2019 M3. I've been pondering whether or not to switch to the 20 induction wheels but definitely won't do that now. Geminis look just fine.

Reactions: DanDi58