TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

UK MX Owners- Multi-storey car parks height restrictions

Discussion in 'Model X' started by Tanflado, Sep 14, 2016.

1. Tanflado

Tanflado Member

Hi guys ,

Just to make you aware that the MX is going to struggle in some multi- storey car parks. Many have Height restrictions of around 2 metres the MX is 2.2m ! This isn't going to spoil the fun but certainly something we all need to be aware of!!

Regards

Tanflado

2. ajackuk

ajackuk Member

Ohhh had not thought about that...

3. travwill

travwill Member

That's odd that they are so short, even our BMW X5 which I imagine is common is taller than our MX.

4. Tanflado

Tanflado Member

Check the X5 height! Way lower than the MX!

5. vandacca

vandacca Active Member

What happens if you lower the suspension to VERY LOW? Would that be sufficient?

6. Saghost

Saghost Active Member

Where does this 2.2m number come from? I'm pretty sure the car is ~64" tall - around 1.7m.

Maybe the 2.2m is the height to open the falcon wing doors fully?

7. goneskiian

goneskiian Active Member

#7 goneskiian, Sep 14, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 14, 2016
    Where did you get this information? I'm about 1.85 meters tall (or 6' 1" in feet and inches) and can easily see over my X when it's in the Very High suspension setting. Granted the falcon wing doors go much higher when they open but if you go into one of these parking garages I would suggest letting your rear passengers out first.

Edit: I just went looking at the specs and it is odd but Tesla does not include the height anywhere. So I eyeballed it (because I can't drop a tape measure straight through the highest point of the vehicle), and I would say it's about 1.73 meters with the suspension at it's highest.

• Like x 1
  8. Tanflado

Tanflado Member

Tesla shows height or rather "clearance"dimensions as 7 '3 but admittedly this does not specify if this includes the FWD being open ??

9. macca99

macca99 Member

Think it is a FWD thing. Attached suggests we will easily get into multi-stories, but doors will not fully open. 64 inches = 1.63m, 93 inches = 2.36m...

main-qimg-32272e9da56c294ebbcbc5cc08624317.png

• Informative x 2
    • Like x 1
  10. Tanflado

Tanflado Member

Excellent news, the dimensions I had weren't very specific ......
    Didn't fancy having to check height restrictions constantly!!

11. goneskiian

goneskiian Active Member

That spec reads 7.3" which in US speak means 7.3 inches. The line next to the number is from the ground to the underside of the vehicle. As I mentioned, I could not find any overall vehicle height dimensions on the US website.

Yeah, like I said, you might want to let the rear passengers out before entering or they'll be climbing over the front seats to get out! :eek::p;)

• Funny x 1
  12. Tahir

Tahir Member

Height restriction is based on the lowest point in the car park, i.e. under beams, pipes or whatever else is running under ceiling level. Parking spaces are usually not directly under beams so should be OK (hopefully?)

• Like x 1