Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK Number Plates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The Tesla plate holders are pretty horrid. You might prefer stick-ons instead? (possibly will help range too) If so there is choice for whatever you need in the additional side-panel

Might be more of an option for folk who have cherished number plates and thus need to change the plate anyway.

Note that the numberplate "UK" bit is not valid for some EU countries and needs a separate "full size" roundel (e.g. Spain - France is fine)

For example OneStopNumberPlates has these

badges.gif

If some of these aren't old-stock I wonder how many takers there are!

The Tesla plate holders are pretty horrid. You might prefer stick-ons instead? (possibly will help range too) If so there is choice for whatever you need in the additional side-panel

Might be more of an option for folk who have cherished number plates and thus need to change the plate anyway.

Note that the numberplate "UK" bit is not valid for some EU countries and needs a separate "full size" roundel (e.g. Spain - France is fine)

For example OneStopNumberPlates has these

View attachment 802078

If some of these aren't old-stock I wonder how many takers there are!
As I read it these are what they can add to a complete vinyl plate that you order from them rather than a separate sticker to put onto an existing plate.

Reactions: WannabeOwner
As I read it these are what they can add to a complete vinyl plate that you order from them rather than a separate sticker to put onto an existing plate.

Yes, absolutely, sorry I wasn't clear on that point. (Dunno if they also make separate side-pane-only stickers)

I was proposing it as a possible alternative to sticking a side-pane sticker onto an existing number plate because the Tesla M3 / MY number plate holders are "horrid" and also that replacing them with a stick-on plate might improve range. But additional cost if not replacing the number plate anyway - e.g. with a cherished number.

I find cherished plates "horrid" so won't be changing whatever plate I get. When we say stick on do we mean essentially a sticker that will follow the shape of the car or a flat hard plate that attaches with sticky pads. As the former would seem to struggle to pass the bending test of BS AU 145 d (or e which is simply additive to d)

Reactions: WannabeOwner
I find cherished plates "horrid" so won't be changing whatever plate I get. When we say stick on do we mean essentially a sticker that will follow the shape of the car or a flat hard plate that attaches with sticky pads. As the former would seem to struggle to pass the bending test of BS AU 145 d (or e which is simply additive to d)
I have a road legal sticker which meets all regs. A billion times better than the horrible plastic plate the car came with. I also removed the rear plastic holder and that is now held on with number plate sticky foam pads.

Reactions: MrMoonUK