TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

UK Ordering Discount

Discussion in 'Model S' started by G60Jet, Jun 14, 2016.

1. G60Jet

G60Jet New Member

Hi All,

just signed up to the forum as i'm looking to buy a Model S after the Model X pricing was not were i was told it would be.

So, Has anyone go a good discount off the retail in the UK?

2. MWTes

MWTes New Member

Tesla don't do 'discounts' in the UK or elsewhere. However you can get £750 pounds off if you use a referral code when ordering.

3. zag2me

zag2me Member

The price recently went up as well due to exchange rate changes. So it does seem expensive right now especially when you look at the new 60 price in the US compared to Blighty!

4. WannabeOwner

WannabeOwner Member

In addition to the referral code the quote you have probably includes the £5,000 government grant - but if not its a useful saving. Likely to be phased out soon-ish though.

Other than that Man Maths might help (same on the X as the S) :

With Economy-7 charging overnight and some supercharger recharging I reckon the saving is about £100 / month / 10,000 miles p.a. driven compared to Petrol / Diesel - if you drive, say, 25,000 miles a year that's £250 a month you can stick on the finance, if you can charge-at-work the figures are better still, particularly if your round-trip daily commute is less than the battery range

If its a (UK) company car you have 100% first year right-off on electric vehicle (not sure for how much longer) and (I think) about 50% of the benefit-in-kind tax of an ICE car - that's tapering off too, so best option, right now, is probably company-purchase and sell back to yourself in a couple of years time - with the company taking the main depreciation hit.

Might get some UK-specific advice int he UK forum:
    The UK and Ireland

5. G60Jet

G60Jet New Member

I'm looking at a personal purchase with PCP or leasing. I only do 2.7 miles to work and need a 7 seater, diesel would be useless as i'd clog the DPF!! so Electric is the way to go. I'll still save £80 on fuel plus road tax etc. Weekend shopping would see me charge the car for free!! so win win.
    I also have a business (my own) on the side of my day job so hoping I can write it off against tax in some way and get a rebate. not sure how that works i'm no accountant.

6. CapeOne

CapeOne Member

In the US, there are no custom order discounts except the referral. However, new inventory cars are typically sold at a discount here. The amount of discount will depend on how long the car has been in stock, the miles, etc. Perhaps the same in the UK?

7. WannabeOwner

WannabeOwner Member

Suggest you have a word with your accountant to see if you could make a business purchase; my accountant said it was pretty much the most tax efficient purchase I could make at the current time.