Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK Ordering Discount

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Has anyone go a good discount off the retail in the UK?

In addition to the referral code the quote you have probably includes the £5,000 government grant - but if not its a useful saving. Likely to be phased out soon-ish though.

Other than that Man Maths might help (same on the X as the S) :

With Economy-7 charging overnight and some supercharger recharging I reckon the saving is about £100 / month / 10,000 miles p.a. driven compared to Petrol / Diesel - if you drive, say, 25,000 miles a year that's £250 a month you can stick on the finance, if you can charge-at-work the figures are better still, particularly if your round-trip daily commute is less than the battery range

If its a (UK) company car you have 100% first year right-off on electric vehicle (not sure for how much longer) and (I think) about 50% of the benefit-in-kind tax of an ICE car - that's tapering off too, so best option, right now, is probably company-purchase and sell back to yourself in a couple of years time - with the company taking the main depreciation hit.

Might get some UK-specific advice int he UK forum:
The UK and Ireland

I'm looking at a personal purchase with PCP or leasing. I only do 2.7 miles to work and need a 7 seater, diesel would be useless as i'd clog the DPF!! so Electric is the way to go. I'll still save £80 on fuel plus road tax etc. Weekend shopping would see me charge the car for free!! so win win.
I also have a business (my own) on the side of my day job so hoping I can write it off against tax in some way and get a rebate. not sure how that works i'm no accountant.

In the US, there are no custom order discounts except the referral. However, new inventory cars are typically sold at a discount here. The amount of discount will depend on how long the car has been in stock, the miles, etc. Perhaps the same in the UK?

STOP spamming the referral code ....

There is ONE and ONLY ONE thread for referrals. The rest will be removed (and I hope you are banned).
It is unfortunate a new member posts referral codes 4 times in 11 minutes, presuming @TEG or similar will root out and moderate with "passion" ;)

@JUSTANICKname, as well as annoying folk, this likely goes against the spirit of Tesla's apppropriate use, i.e. You could lose any and all referrals if you did get any. Just an FYI

A couple of things, firstly re the 7 seat requirement.....you need an X. The S's 'boot' seats aren't really suitable for everyday use (school runs etc).

Re the write down allowance. I've just done this (I'm in the UK) so happy to speak offline regarding this - send me a PM and I'll give you my phone number/email address. This has made my purchase CONSIDERABLY cheaper than it would have otherwise.

A couple of things, firstly re the 7 seat requirement.....you need an X. The S's 'boot' seats aren't really suitable for everyday use (school runs etc).

Re the write down allowance. I've just done this (I'm in the UK) so happy to speak offline regarding this - send me a PM and I'll give you my phone number/email address. This has made my purchase CONSIDERABLY cheaper than it would have otherwise.

Hi Maggo321. I have just joined this forum because of your post regarding the write down allowance. Could I discuss this with you some time please?

I believe Tesla New Inventory will still class as new for tax purposes.
Check the models available carefully as the list changes significantly and often.
Prices can also sharpen notably at end of quarters.
If you let your Tesla salesperson know what you are looking for, in my experience they will try really hard to find you a car that matches your needs.