Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK Owners with v10?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What’s interesting though is this language on the Tesla release: Introducing Software Version 10.0

This week, Tesla owners around the world will start waking up to Version 10.0 features via an over-the-air update.” Emphasis mine.

This would seem to imply that it’s rolling out world wide over the next week. They’ll obviously feature flag off the Smart Summon bits (like they do today for auto lane changes with NoA, but I don’t see why they’d have to wait for regulatory approvals for that update.

10% of teslafi users in a day means they're not hanging about.. so it'll be here soon. Approval is probably just a paperwork thing.. 'we've added feature x,y,z'.

They might wait until the results of the unece wp29/grva meeting are published so they can enable the newer standards at release. Depends on how long that kind of thing takes (no idea..)

Edit: Maybe not, the 3-4 June changes weren't published until 26th July, so there's quite a bit of lag.

What’s interesting though is this language on the Tesla release: Introducing Software Version 10.0

This week, Tesla owners around the world will start waking up to Version 10.0 features via an over-the-air update.” Emphasis mine.

This would seem to imply that it’s rolling out world wide over the next week. They’ll obviously feature flag off the Smart Summon bits (like they do today for auto lane changes with NoA, but I don’t see why they’d have to wait for regulatory approvals for that update.

This is what Elon said when asked about Germany... "We look for rare corner case issues with a limited release US build, then expand internationally as we receive approval from regulatory authorities. So, soon, but hard to say exactly."

To be honest though I'm stuck with the feeling that there isn't anything really to look forward to in V10 anyway.

We won't get the advanced summon and the rest is just minor features that have little real utility. It feels like a very minor release really...

Reactions: goRt
To be honest though I'm stuck with the feeling that there isn't anything really to look forward to in V10 anyway.

We won't get the advanced summon and the rest is just minor features that have little real utility. It feels like a very minor release really...

As an SR+ owner, it feels big. Spotify integration, all of the theatre stuff, a web browser etc.

The Bluetooth player enhancements are also fantastic. (Playlist support specifically)

No smart Simon does suck but I guess I’m just used to the cool stuff being nerfed here.

In advance of V10, you may want to force an app update to v3.10 - in iPhone app store, it currently is not offered if you do normal app store updates - you want to specifically find app in app store at which point the open button will change from open to update.

Unfortunately some enhancements are iOS 13 specific which my iPhone 6 does not support. I hope this is not the case for some of the mote interesting V10 features, like summon or window open/close.

It appears that you need Spotify premium and don’t get a free Spotify account
That's unclear I think, as it seems all american owners need their own spotify account with V10, while we get a communal one free in prem connectivity.

i.e. EU SR+ owners could either : a) get the same as EU Prem Connectivity owners, or b) the same personal account requirement as all US owners. or c) perhaps with V10 ALL owners now need their own account, even EU owners who haven't needed one up to now

In advance of V10, you may want to force an app update to v3.10 - in iPhone app store, it currently is not offered if you do normal app store updates - you want to specifically find app in app store at which point the open button will change from open to update.

It is just on a phased roll-out.

No need to do anything special it will turn up as a normal update well before you see V10 on the car...

My app is updating to V3.1 through the normal auto-updates right now...