Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK Owners with v10?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I also have Wi Fi in the garage, put in a booster yesterday, and gets a good signal, I would assume wi fi users get it quicker and maybe with a preference?

Mine was plugged in, but I assume updates would only happen if you have over a certain battery charge.

I also have Wi Fi in the garage, put in a booster yesterday, and gets a good signal, I would assume wi fi users get it quicker and maybe with a preference?

If your car is connected to WiFi then when, and only when, the Mothership has decided your car is due the update will you get it. There is no discernible pattern to updates, every possible theory has been tried and disproved, it appears truly random.

Historically updates would download over the cars internal mobile connection, and some have sworn blind that their car has never been on WiFi and still gets updates. Certainly once your car has been selected the download will be pushed over WiFi first, so you would get it quicker if your car is WiFi’d up.

More recently it has been said that if you’re not on WiFi you’d only get updates that had safety features or security fixes, but this is guesswork.

• Helpful
Reactions: MaDProFF
Damn, means I didn't get it last night :( On WiFi but not charging as I want to see what sort of drain I get

Sorry, maybe my post wasn’t clear. Being plugged in to charge or not is irrelevant. WiFi is the important bit, and updates are released in batches. There’s nothing you can do except make sure the car is connected to WiFi and make sure the yes to updates tab is selected in settings.

if you mean plugged in ready to charge then no, definitely not.

I think there may be a minimum SOC for the update to start (but the download will do its thing before that)

I would assume wi fi users get it quicker and maybe with a preference?

That's generally assumed. It costs money for Tesla to push it OTA. It is said that people with FSD are prioritised. I've been watching this from the sidelines for 4 years and the post from @DJP31 says it all:

If your car is connected to WiFi then when, and only when, the Mothership has decided your car is due the update will you get it. There is no discernible pattern to updates, every possible theory has been tried and disproved, it appears truly random.

Rollout of V10 appears to be far more aggressive than V9 and predecessors. Predecessors have had unacceptable numbers of bugs. even after widespread rollout, and have taken moths to "stabilise"

Maybe Tesla now has more ability (e.g. more/bigger servers) to rollout to more cars at once.
Maybe their QA has improved, I will certainly be well pleased if it has, and change my opinion.

Until then, I'm in absolutely no rush, I'll let all these youngsters battle with the bugs. On a phone its annoying, coming into a corner and discovering the car is misbehaving, or the control you need has moved / changed / works differently ... is something else.

Features per Hardware level. No idea if worthwhile/accurate, found it on my travels

upload_2019-9-29_7-51-1-jpeg.460464

Tesla Software V10 Hardware Sets

One issue I have encountered was Bluetooth. Keyless entry worked fine after upgrade, however the car shows bluetooth isn't active and I am not paired to my phone, although the phone says it's paired to the car. So I can't make calls from the car. I will un and re pair them.

FYI I've got FSD as well as selected the option in the software menu Software Update Preferences -> Advanced

So does it need to be in advanced to get the update?

Had v10 pushed to our MCU 1 AP2.0 X with FSD.

A few minor things changed, most interesting is the car can now 'see' cars passing in the opposite direction. However the visualisation is about 0.5 sec behind real life, with it not 'seeing' on coming traffic about 50% of the time, visualisation of the car behind is now 100% gone.

Not sure if AP 3.0 hardware performs better, but the most interesting part of v10 is suppose to be advances in FSD, but not seeing much progress so far.

The videos of 'advances summon' on YouTube shows Tesla still have ALOT of work to do on the FSD front, so we'll see.

Elon though as usual is doing his party trick of distracting people with pointless stuff like video streaming/games, thats not what v10 was suppose to be about......anyways we'll wait and see how FSD on v10 progresses.

Has anyone tested at what distance one can summon one's car, with V.10? And under what traffic conditions? The Tesla blurb says "line of sight" and early videos show it working in a parking lot. How far is "go to location x,y on the map" from "take my kids to school"?

Elon though as usual is doing his party trick of distracting people with pointless stuff like video streaming/games, thats not what v10 was suppose to be about......anyways we'll wait and see how FSD on v10 progresses.

Hang FSD. My 5 year old and I went straight to caraoke. I now feel a deep sense of relaxation that our £££ were wisely spent.