Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK Owners with v10?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Poor old @gangzoom, over on PH he’s accused as being a Tesla fanboy and on here a troll :eek:. The truth is as an owner of 2.5 years he loves the car - as evidenced by owning the Unicorn aka FSD. But can see Elon’s ‘soon’ often actually means ‘sometime never’ and Tesla’s corporate integrity is doubtful.

HaHa to be honest am old enough not to really care what people think of my views, like pooing we all do it different :).

I love our X, but Elon is a con man in every sense of the word, which to be quite honest isn't the worst thing to be and is often needed to succeed in buissness.....He could have also choosen to be a politician whom I think we can all agree on as been utterly useless to anyone in society but themselves!!

Still not sure if the limited visualisation is down to AP2.0 limitations or not, hopefully the best of v10 is still to come when Tesla can properly leveraged the AP3.0 hardware.

Reactions: Roy W. and DJP31
One reason why we have not got smart summon in UK and Europe I believe, is due to regulations on operation. In US Summons operates over wi-fi.
Here it operates by Bluetooth which is active over shorter distance.

most smartphones are class 2 BT which is about 10 M ... class 1 is ~100M

summon does indeed use Bluetooth. Smart summon though uses WiFi as the ranges can be more than 10M ... if and when we get it i imagine its going to work just as the US ....

why are we not getting it? if i put my tinfoin hat one i would say that the big german manufacturers have nothing to really offer to equate to FSH or summon so they kneecapped the legislation.

Reactions: Fullerene
I don't have it on my 2018 S EAP (yet) but expect it to be anticlimactic as usual. It's the Tesla hype and then late and then rushed to release for the end of the quarter. I find it hard to understand the approach of rushing to deliver cars by the end fo the quarter and then spending silly time fixing all the rushed quaity control issues. Presumably it's something american about share prices 'cos they could just as easily have done the job right running in the next quarter.
Personally I have no interest in computer games in the car and they'd probably have been better off coming up with a tablet that clips over the screen, stows under the seat or a holder for the back seat kids that can run off the shelf games and put more effort into drive technology.
Nevertheless people seem to fall for the hype and words like FSD. Any realistic interpretation of FSD is many, many years away even at level 3 at the Tesla rate of progress.
You see the same Tesla hype with his 'Starship'. It's not a starship, it's a very limited interplanetary shuttle however technologically advanced it is for contemporary times. If as a species we ever become advanced it'll be viewed with the same nostalgia as the Wright Bros.

Best of luck to the man. We need visionaries and most have had to con their investors because vision is a long way from accomplishment like any hyped up infrastructure project that's always over budget and over time

hopefully the best of v10 is still to come when Tesla can properly leveraged the AP3.0 hardware.

I think V10 is about infotainment (can't see much there to interest me, but clearly some people are finding the games etc. worthwhile, and I definitely understand that it is good for PR as people will inevitably be taking about it.)

Also, I think AP advances and V10 release are not linked, particularly. So AP will go on at its own pace. Perhaps even a good thing if they are not both upgraded at the same time so that snags with one don't have unfortunate consequence with the other.

Have not got FSD so no V10 yet

Are you in a hurry for it? Novelty-value I understand, but other than that is there actually anything that would improve someones daily grind? Tesla software has a history of being very buggy so, personally, I am upgrade-agnostic ... but maybe it will be better this time around

glad I'm forced to hold the wheel as I don't have complete confidence yet

I find it strange how much "Angst" there has been as the Nag-interval has got progressively shorter over the last 3 years (e.g. when some idiot was YouTubed sitting in the back seat and there was "public outrage"). "My hands are nearby and I'm paying attention" is nothing like as good as "This is in Beta, whilst it seems OK, I'd prefer to have a hand on the wheel". My view is that in the completely unexpected (and completely unanticipated - AI is NOT going to do something daft in the way that a seasoned driver would expect e.g. a Novice 17 year old driver to Goof Up) then 1/10ths of a second will matter and could be the difference between life and death. Also "hands on lap at the ready" is very likely to lead to complacency and "just do a quick text", which a very rigidly imposed "hand on wheel" rule prevents. I think the interval between "very significant automation" and "full autonomy" is going to be littered with Human Drivers dong the wrong thing, or "not paying attention", when trying to "assist" the automaton.

In the early days I was far too confident of what AP might do. I have had zero scary AP moments (in close to 100,000 miles of Tesla driving), but read of incidents and no matter how small the chance I have no wish to become a statistic.

Reactions: Roy W.
2019.32.11 received on my 2018 Model S 75D, AP2.5, MCU1, FSD

No Netflix, YouTube or Caraoke - as expected.
No Smart summon - obviously.
Dashcam still "only" records front, left repeater and right repeater - no rear camera.

Browser works! Well, it works as well as it has on a good day. It now seems to occupy about 75% of the screen though - so can't really use it in parallel with maps. I guess by hiding more of the map there are more CPU cycles left for the browser.

Could only test Autopilot a bit this morning - nothing untoward. Felt like road position was biased a bit further away from kerb, but maybe just that specific section of road.

Driver visualisation is quite cool, but certainly a bit laggy and misses on-coming cars sometimes - as noted by gangzoom earlier.
I noticed it display lorries as big American trucks. Can't remember if that's new or not.

Yep I also had 2019.32.11 pushed to both my Model X (2019 P100DL) and Model S (2017 P90D) both have FSD.

Only installed on the Model X at the moment (Model S is with my wife on the road really early, so I'll update tonight).

Model X is AP3 and MCU2.

So it does get Netflix and YouTube and Caraoke including the Tesla Help Videos etc
Cup Head Game
No Smart Summon (as well documented not available in the EU)
Dashcam records from the Rear Camera according to release notes, not verified yet by looking at files.
The quiet mode (can't remember it's name now)
App improvements like vent all windows.

AP Visualisations include line markings (inc double yellow lines at the side of the road), seems very good at this; vehicles shown that are travelling in opposite direction on single carriageways.

AP - no positive improvements noticeable in AP performance, but very 'nervous' and lots of breaking in traffic in 3 lanes at low speeds that historically was fine.

Looks like there is not just the difference with MCU1 not getting the entertainment bits, but also AP2.5 not getting rear camera that AP3 gets?

In the early days I was far too confident of what AP might do. I have had zero scary AP moments (in close to 100,000 miles of Tesla driving), but read of incidents and no matter how small the chance I have no wish to become a statistic.

They happen and I'm a cautious fellow (also getting worried that with 35yrs of no prangs it's got to be my turn again soon. I went through my pranging era in the 15 yrs before that). 2-3 scary incidents in my 10K tesla miles. Twice (solved in updates) it tried to make violent turns off well-marked dual carriageway to a side turning and I gave up on NOA after it tried to kill me by turning into a lay-by instead of the ramp 300yds further ahead. None of these came to anything 'cos Teslas do have good brakes and I still have good reflexes.

• Funny
Reactions: Roy W.
Whilst I'm pleased to say that I haven't had any, I drive on the basis that it could be in the next mile. But its hard to prepare for something unanticipated and infrequent ... I suppose that is also true of some idiot coming at you from Off Stage Left :rolleyes:

Actually that's my biggest criticism of self drive as is. Any experienced driver loooks well ahead and scans around and anticipates whereas the car does the first but only ever reacts (late) to an event instead of avoiding/preventing the event developing. It doesn't look far enough ahead, through the cars ahead or recognise stop lights in the distance and congestion build-ups.

I've had AP try to pull onto a side road on me.. hazards of trying to use it on A roads rather than just motorways. NoA I gave up on when many of its lane change directions turned out to be useless (either silly, eg changing to a 'faster lane' when already at the speed limit, or impossible because there's too much traffic to make the change).

Any experienced driver loooks well ahead and scans around and anticipates whereas the car does the first but only ever reacts (late) to an event instead of avoiding/preventing the event developing

Yes. I devote more time to scanning around, when using AP. I have a daughter thinking of learning to drive so I am doing commentary for her to learn with helpful info such as "That white van is going to pull out" :rolleyes: No one has told AP that ...

But AP is watched under the car in front for car two-in-front braking. Of course if I was driving I'd be slightly over to one side, so I could see the one in front, but with AP I am perfectly in lane and can't ... but that's splitting hairs a bit because AP is going to be on the brakes immediately, even if the brake lights aren't working, or the car in front doesn't react

So some good, some not so good I reckon. Either way, I arrive a lot more refreshed than I used to, driver workload definitely reduced. I find it extraordinary (given that I have been using TACC on several previous cars) that taking away micro-adjustment of steering wheel, and me spending more time looking around for trouble instead, is less tiring, but does seem to be.

We're more or less in agreement. With self steer there is a trade off also having to keep an eye on display to make sure it's reading correctly. On quietish motorways it's fine but in heavy but still fast traffic monitoring workload goes up. I actually find it most helpful in horrid weather when the sensors can see better than the driver - rain and spray at night - when checking it's got a good read on the road and traffic does reduce driver strain.

Reactions: WannabeOwner
I'm reckoning out of FSD in America already ?

Just had a bit of a drill-down on TesalFi looking for some geographic data. TeslaFi is showing total fleet size of AP1 and AP2 (i.e. pre AP2.5) as 60 cars a piece. Seems a tiny number, compared to what I remember way-back-when. People selling AP1 cars and new owners "wholesale" not using TeslaFi? Tesla converting AP1 and AP2 cars into AP2.5 cars (is that possible?)

I'm reckoning out of FSD in America already ?

Just had a bit of a drill-down on TesalFi looking for some geographic data. TeslaFi is showing total fleet size of AP1 and AP2 (i.e. pre AP2.5) as 60 cars a piece. Seems a tiny number, compared to what I remember way-back-when. People selling AP1 cars and new owners "wholesale" not using TeslaFi? Tesla converting AP1 and AP2 cars into AP2.5 cars (is that possible?)

It’s some sort of a TeslaFi glitch. After the last update (2019.32.2.2) I noticed my AP2 car had been reclassified as AP2.5 by TeslFi. I changed it back via settings but guess most people aren’t, or aren’t aware of it.

• Informative
Reactions: WannabeOwner