Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK Owners with v10?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Still waiting

Ditto. But it's going to be anticlimactic as all the updates are despite the rushes of enthusiasm. I have no interest in video games and european autonomy will be slow even if Tesla actually manage to get anything working reliably and safely that doesn't depend on the driver concentrating to avoid the car killing them with 'corner cases'

Reactions: Roy W.
Ditto. But it's going to be anticlimactic as all the updates are despite the rushes of enthusiasm. I have no interest in video games and european autonomy will be slow even if Tesla actually manage to get anything working reliably and safely that doesn't depend on the driver concentrating to avoid the car killing them with 'corner cases'
I agree. The only thing that I’ve changed is that I’ve turned on “Joe mode”, so at least the constant bing-bongs when overtaking are (slightly) less annoying.

Like you, I’ve absolutely no interest in the Arcade. I’m surprised they didn’t add a new selection of fart noises. :rolleyes: I did fire up YouTube and was suitably impressed with the quality, but I can’t really see myself using it in anger.

I was hoping they may have improved the autopilot phantom braking, but on my first drive on V10 I experienced probably my worst episode of phantom braking as the car was passing a lorry on a dual carriageway.

Phantom braking was awful yesterday. The worst part was passing a cyclist that I had given enough room to and clearly saw from 1/4 mile away and one of the safety features (only had TACC on) decided it was a great idea to slam the brakes on from 40-15 mph while I was along side them before I had time to react and stop it happening

Reactions: Artiste and Roy W.
I got the V10 update first thing and then went on a 180 mile trip. The phantom braking was worse than ever. It was particularly bad when pulling out of lane 2 on the motorway into lane 3 - instead of speeding up it three times slammed the brakes on, causing the cars behind me to flash their lights at me. How would you react if a car not far in front pulled out into your lane then slammed the brakes on? It is also just as jerky as ever. Frankly, TACC is not currently fit for purpose.

I've spent over two months anticipating my new car and hearing people say that this is the most technically advanced car on the road and every other manufacturer is years behind. It might be the most advanced in terms of EV technology but it is nowhere near being the most advanced in terms of automotive technology. Certainly my A6 is in a completely different class when it comes to adaptive cruise control. I love driving my M3, and the EV side of things is brilliant, but the suggestion that all the technology in the car is cutting edge is complete hogwash.

So V10 is working on my SR+. Initially the Theatre, Neflix, Web, Youtube were all missing. They appeared when i went back to the car later on.

Impressed with the new traffic visuals.

As many reported, it is quicker and more responsive at following the car in front.

I did also experience phantom braking for no reason, seemed to pickup a car coming on the opposite side of the road on a B road. Clear road in front. Slammed on the brakes, car behind took evasive action and is no longer my friend.

If you haven't already heard - check your car isn't mysteriously unlocked after the V10 install - lots of reports about this and it happened to me. The door handles (if retractable) might be in but door mirrors might not be parked and the locked status will be unlocked in the app.