Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK Owners with v10?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
wife had a phantom breaking episode on a completely clear road last night when the road took a dip under a railway bridge. Thankfully nothing behind her. We're still on v9 and haven't seen V10 yet, but I've just switched Advanced updates off because I certainly don't want to install an update that seems to be more prone to it. It's a serious safety concern.

wife had a phantom breaking episode on a completely clear road last night when the road took a dip under a railway bridge. Thankfully nothing behind her. We're still on v9 and haven't seen V10 yet, but I've just switched Advanced updates off because I certainly don't want to install an update that seems to be more prone to it. It's a serious safety concern.
V10 is MUCH better for phantom braking - barely noticed it compared to v9.

I also logged in to my Google account but still Nl Youtube so not sure setting and all set to English UK , logged into Netflix account and was pleasantly suprised on how good it is.

If you're going to use your google account on youtube make sure you don't use gmail on that account. The account leaks to the browser so someone in your car could request a password reset on your tesla account enabling them to bypass P2D.

OTOH if someone breaks into the car they could get into the car, switch sentry mode off and start the car in a few minutes. The browser functions really need to be behind P2D or at least disabled if the alarm is going off.. Until then I've created a specific tesla account for that usage.

Got V10 last night and have noticed Youtube is NL Youtube and maybe the Spotify with the two dots over the O might also point to the Netherlands ? doesnt affect how it works just ads are in Dutch, any workaround ?
May explain why BBC on TuneIn still appeared to work. They should have been disabled for UK regions when played via TuneIn due to a disagreement over BBC account.

V10 is MUCH better for phantom braking - barely noticed it compared to v9.

I had my worst experiences of phantom braking ever today on V10. When I pull into lane 3 on the motorway I don’t expect TACC to slam the brakes on so the car behind me narrowly avoids driving into me at 70mph. Downright dangerous. TACC feels like it’s in the very early stages of beta development. Not fit for purpose.

TACC in queues is great and anything other that scenario I consider it to be dangerous due to slowing down for no reason when there could be cars driving behind you. It is the only thing I miss about my ICE car so far

When I first drove my car on collection day I got 3 severe phantom braking incidents on the M4. Scared me a *lot*. It doesn't seem to do it so much when autopilot is engaged, but I always have my foot hovering over the accelerator, as a slight tap seems to cancel our the braking if it happens.

OTOH if someone breaks into the car they could get into the car, switch sentry mode off and start the car in a few minutes. The browser functions really need to be behind P2D or at least disabled if the alarm is going off.. Until then I've created a specific tesla account for that usage.
As a normally security conscious guy who uses 2FA everywhere and randomly generated long passwords, I am embarrassed to say that I didn't think about this!

Better had go log out of YouTube.....