TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

UK P100DL Confirmed

Discussion in 'Model S: Ordering, Production, Delivery' started by andylyonette, Sep 13, 2016.

1. andylyonette

andylyonette Member

Just confirmed my P100DL with everything but the rear-facing seats and charger upgrade. My girlfriend doesn't care so I need to show my excitement somewhere! I'm in the UK so delivery is currently looking like December - early Jan so it's going to be a long few months. Hopefully I get it in time for Christmas....

• Love x 5
    • Like x 1
  2. Lyon

Lyon 2016 S P100DL, 2016 X P90D

I'm excited for you! I just found out that mine has gone into production. My wife just gave me the same "that's nice dear" the kid's get when they draw yet another epic star wars battle.

• Funny x 3
  3. ggnykk

ggnykk Active Member

Make sure you put her in the car to do a 2.5 second ludicrous launch to scare her ;-) she will care by that time.

• Funny x 1
  4. andylyonette

andylyonette Member

At least I'm not the only one! How long did it take between getting your VIN and going into production?

I was thinking exactly this last night!! :) Just got to resist doing it with the dog in the car, she might not appreciate it so much...

5. Lyon

I got the VIN in early August just after hearing that the 100kWh pack was announced in Europe. I had them push back production and then had them speed it back up once they were able to change configuration to the 100.

6. thegruf

thegruf Member

jealous - plain and simple jealous.

enjoy the wait
    enjoy the car

and did I say I was jealous :)

7. ggnykk

ggnykk Active Member

haha, do the launch without the dog. Less weight means even faster acceleration ;-)

8. Model S M.D.

Model S M.D. Ludicrous Radiologist

Congrats! That will be an awesome Xmas gift to yourself. I'm expecting mine in the next few weeks! I got the same response from my wife along with some rolling of the eyes. She did say "Can I turn the insane mode off?" I said no, its Ludicrous, not Insane! :)

9. Model S M.D.

Funny you mention Star Wars, I'm naming mine the Millennium Falcon. Unlike Bj0rn Nyland's Model S, mine is closer to the color of the ship and will actually be the quickest in the galaxy :)

• Like x 1
  10. Lyon

I don't have a name picked out for this one. The first one is Blue Lightning. This one is also blue but it's going to need a new name.

11. andylyonette

andylyonette Member

I haven't felt as excited as this since I was a child! I must be checking MyTesla at least 20 times a day...... I just wish I'd ordered sooner :(

• Like x 1
    • Funny x 1
  12. ggnykk

ggnykk Active Member

Just to make you check even more times per day, haha.

• Like x 1
  13. Model S M.D.

I am still checking about 10x per day. Fortunate enough to be a doctor who works at a desk behind a computer most of the day :)

• Funny x 1
  14. badboy1980

badboy1980 Member

@andylyonette I am getting my P90D Ludicrous in the next 6 weeks. I have decided to upgrade to the P100D and Tesla told me it be around January time next year they will execute the upgrade. Im looking forward to it too.

To be honest, i feel the extended range and the premium seats are really what drove me to upgrade. The fact that the P90D Ludicrous does 0-60mph in 2.8sec and the P100D does it in 2.5sec did not persuade me to upgrade, it was the seats and extended range.

I saw on a full charge it has 316 miles shown on the battery display. In reality it probably mean 300 miles if you drive conservatively.

• Like x 1
  15. Model S M.D.

I was in a similar scenario with a P90D on order during the week of the P100DL announcement. If I stuck with my original order, I wouldn't get the premium seats. I thought the range upgrade and premium seats were worth it.

I didn't need the acceleration upgrade and would have gone without L if they offered it.

• Like x 1
  16. badboy1980

badboy1980 Member

Agreed, likewise!

17. andylyonette

andylyonette Member

I was planning to order just a 90D, my last car did 0-60 in 5.6 so figured the 90D would be plenty, but I really wanted those seats and range! Wasn't prepared to wait for the 100D, even though by the time it's out it may have new AP hardware. I decided to accept that I'll be happy with AP1, after all I'm not buying the car so it can drive me around; I want to drive it!

• Like x 1
  18. andylyonette

andylyonette Member

Having now been in a P90dl after ordering I know it was no mistake going for the P and L!!

• Like x 2