TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

UK Police Car - Telsa Model S

Discussion in 'Model S' started by FireDog, Oct 4, 2015.

1. FireDog

FireDog Member

#1 FireDog, Oct 4, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 4, 2015
    UK Police / EMS Car - Telsa Model S

Can anyone tell if this is a Model S? This was taken during the horrific bus crash yesterday in Coventry. Screen Shot 2015-10-04 at 11.15.18 AM.png Screen Shot 2015-10-04 at 11.15.55 AM.png

2. J1mbo

J1mbo Member

Looks like it - Georg Ell did mention recently that they had had some "serious interest" from the boys in blue.

3. FireDog

FireDog Member

Thanks for the confirmation. I know LAPD has one but nothing in Canada yet. I know Halton Regional Police in Ontario Canada were looking.

4. Epoch

Epoch Member

Digbeth had confirmed a doctor(or medical professional of some sort) drove a red Model S to another owner before, could well have been them?

5. Dan43

Dan43 Member

Coventry is I think originally the home to Jaguar (although they have many options all over UK), this looks like a Jaguar to me. I know they look similar but it would make sense as they are local and probably provide services vehicles on deals. The rear haunches look Jaguar to my eyes.

6. LargeHamCollider

LargeHamCollider Battery cells != scalable

That is definitely an MS, I'd bet all my TSLA on it.

7. Seesaw

Seesaw Member

Looks like a medical response vehicle. I'm assuming that's a lightbar on the roof.

8. EnglishManInNY

I agree it's def a MS

9. FireDog

FireDog Member

I fired an email off to the WMFS to see if it's in their inventory of vehicles. Very interested in how the MS would fit in their plans for emergency medical / fire response.

10. Seesaw

Seesaw Member

I think this would be part of the BASICS program where doctors can volunteer to be first responders to a major incident. I believe they are private vehicles??? They would have training and emergency lighting fitted to their cars but I'm not sure as a lightbar would suggest a government owned vehicle

11. AlanSqB

AlanSqB Member

Is that a lightbar, or is that the standard Whispbar system with something attached to it? I also think the pano is partially open which is contributing to the odd roofline.

Im thinking its a Whispbar with a bike attachment.