Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[UK] Premium Connectivity Progress - pre mid July 2019 orders

If you ordered before Mid July 2019, have you raised a Service request re your Connectivity ending?

• Yes

Votes: 16 32.0%
  • No

Votes: 21 42.0%
  • I ordered after Mid July/August 2019

Votes: 13 26.0%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
You might want to explain the issue since many people will have no idea that you are talking about a specific subset of early LR and P M3 drivers who were told their car had premium connectivity but not that it was only for a year and they therefore believe Tesla are obligated to provide it for free indefinitely. Tesla on the other hand disagree. I assume that is the issue you are referring to? if not then what?

Any computer geniuses who can tell me when this page was created/published? Connectivity

Irrespective of when that information was published and irrespective of its availability, I personally believe that its existence is immaterial since it would have required considerably more in depth reading than an average consumer would have likely to have done at point of ordering their car.

This is borne out by so many early adopters being surprised by the introduction of the subscription. Whilst its unlikely to have been a deal breaker for the car itself, it was an important differentiator between the SR and the LR and Performance models.

Without a legal hat on, I believe that the UK consumer regulations summarised by Which? Consumer Protection from Unfair Trading Regulations 2008 appear to trump that

I quote the section that I believe is important

A trader will be committing an offence if it does any of the following:

• omits material information that the average consumer needs, according to the context, to make an informed decision about a transaction

My argument is that at the point of ordering, this information was missing (seems to have been added early/mid July 2019) and thus, as an average customer, I did not have all the information required to make an informed decision as to the differences between the SR and LR models.

I do however feel that a legal challenge or consumer bodies perspective may be required to resolve the problem one way or another. Tesla are clearly sticking to their point of view and many of us are sticking to ours.

The fact that sometime between end of June and middle of July Tesla introduced the caveat signifies that Tesla themselves were aware of the importance of this omission - see below archive web pages of the relevant section in the configuration description. Many people will also have taken their original screen shots at point of order that verify this.

upload_2020-9-12_13-11-45-png.587358

• Informative
Reactions: Mark-R and Ant M3
Given that the change happened some time in July, might it be an idea to amend the title of this thread? By mid-August 2019 it would seem that the published specification had been changed to reduce premium connectivity to one year's subscription only, so the only owners who would seem able to take action for what looks very much like misrepresentation would be those that ordered before some time around the middle of July, rather than August.

Irrespective of when that information was published and irrespective of its availability, I personally believe that its existence is immaterial since it would have required considerably more in depth reading than an average consumer would have likely to have done at point of ordering their car.

This is borne out by so many early adopters being surprised by the introduction of the subscription. Whilst its unlikely to have been a deal breaker for the car itself, it was an important differentiator between the SR and the LR and Performance models.

Without a legal hat on, I believe that the UK consumer regulations summarised by Which? Consumer Protection from Unfair Trading Regulations 2008 appear to trump that

I quote the section that I believe is important

My argument is that at the point of ordering, this information was missing (seems to have been added early/mid July 2019) and thus, as an average customer, I did not have all the information required to make an informed decision as to the differences between the SR and LR models.

I do however feel that a legal challenge or consumer bodies perspective may be required to resolve the problem one way or another. Tesla are clearly sticking to their point of view and many of us are sticking to ours.

The fact that sometime between end of June and middle of July Tesla introduced the caveat signifies that Tesla themselves were aware of the importance of this omission - see below archive web pages of the relevant section in the configuration description. Many people will also have taken their original screen shots at point of order that verify this.

upload_2020-9-12_13-11-45-png.587358

yes exactly i ordered early July and i am sure the text had not changed to 1 year, it was most defiantly not made clear either