Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[UK] Premium Connectivity Progress - pre mid July 2019 orders

If you ordered before Mid July 2019, have you raised a Service request re your Connectivity ending?

• Yes

Votes: 16 32.0%
  • No

Votes: 21 42.0%
  • I ordered after Mid July/August 2019

Votes: 13 26.0%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The Canadians were told this according to Tesla confirms it gave free Premium Connectivity to some owners, here's who we think should get it - Drive Tesla Canada

822C73A3-E296-41D5-A909-D099962AF3E7.jpeg
I understand we all complained and emailed but why did they do this ? Public pressure ? Standardising with other countries? Lawsuits ? Or was it because the new model 3 has just been released and it coincides with that ?
Interesting to know why really and why now ?

So I've just come back from an SC after a few issues and raised the premium connectivity removal from my car (purchased 22nd May 2019) and was told that it has been like this since 2018 :rolleyes: They even sent me a screenshot from somewhere.

I've raised two "complaints" to Tesla, both of which have never been answered. Any idea how to get this sorted?

Attachments

• image001.png
    image001.png
    105.1 KB · Views: 51
Reactions: Andrew_SE23
So I've just come back from an SC after a few issues and raised the premium connectivity removal from my car (purchased 22nd May 2019) and was told that it has been like this since 2018 :rolleyes: They even sent me a screenshot from somewhere.

I've raised two "complaints" to Tesla, both of which have never been answered. Any idea how to get this sorted?
Depends which model of car and its spec

Model X. There is nothing on my invoice that says 1 year premium connectivity only that "premium upgrades package" is included.

(edit)
I've fired off an email to [email protected] to see what they say. Previous attempts have always been via the Tesla website with no response.
(update)
I've got a generic "we've received your email and will respond within 10 working days" - better than nothing!

Attachments

• Screenshot 2020-10-21 at 13.01.12.png
    Screenshot 2020-10-21 at 13.01.12.png
    115.2 KB · Views: 34
Model X. There is nothing on my invoice that says 1 year premium connectivity only that "premium upgrades package" is included.

(edit)
I've fired off an email to [email protected] to see what they say. Previous attempts have always been via the Tesla website with no response.
(update)
I've got a generic "we've received your email and will respond within 10 working days" - better than nothing!
Premium upgrade package does not include premium connectivity.

That screenshot of material is taken from their help site and was not published until early 2020 so you should have your connectivity reinstated. It is not true to say that it has been like this since 2018 (and I can send you proof it you need it)........... you need to push them if you bought the car with the premium package, I did and it's back on etc now.

Reactions: pjuk and Beady3647
What did it say at point of order for satellite view, traffic visualisation, internet streaming and browsing, ie in the configurator?
I don't have these details as it was an inventory car, only the invoice. The spec attached is not my car but was from a list of cars that were given as an option - these were the details that I only ever saw and they are mirrored on my invoice.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2020-10-21 at 14.39.38.png
    Screenshot 2020-10-21 at 14.39.38.png
    581.9 KB · Views: 43
Nothing on there that I can see says that those features were included, unlike the Model 3 where they were shown at point of order as features and only later was the mention of subscription made. As mentioned earlier, the Premium Upgrades Package is not the audio/media/navigation package. Certainly as far as my argument was concerned, the issue was that at point of order, these items were listed as features of the Model 3 LR and Performance (not the SR) that were subsequently disabled. It doesn't seem to me to be the same concern. I'm not saying that you don't have a valid point, but its likely to be a different argument.

TBH it's not a big deal and as others have mentioned that Spotify was a little patchy and I rarely used the satellite view. The only thing that I'm not sure about is the real-time traffic and if premium connectivity will re-route based on bad traffic. It's only £10/month...as is my Netflix, Apple Music, Apple storage, Dropbox, MS Office, premium bank service, parking permit, green bin charge.... :p

TBH it's not a big deal and as others have mentioned that Spotify was a little patchy and I rarely used the satellite view. The only thing that I'm not sure about is the real-time traffic and if premium connectivity will re-route based on bad traffic. It's only £10/month...as is my Netflix, Apple Music, Apple storage, Dropbox, MS Office, premium bank service, parking permit, green bin charge.... :p
Even without Premium Connectivity the nav will reroute based on congestion. The traffic data is still used by the nav, it’s just not displayed on the map.

Even without Premium Connectivity the nav will reroute based on congestion. The traffic data is still used by the nav, it’s just not displayed on the map.
Good to know!
If waybackmachine is being a pita, here is the relevant clause. However being a inventory car, you may have ordered a different route.

View attachment 600817
In that case I won't hold my hopes up. At least they haven't taken away my free supercharging :)