Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[UK] Price cuts

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
to be fair though that included the £3500 govt grant. I don't think the base price excluding grant was ever under £40K
I think it was initially about £40,500 -£3500 grant so you paid £37000
Close. this was my invoice back then

1673610696433.png

Reactions: 2020M3SR
My views are why do we need s separate thread when we’ve already got at least 2 on the go on the same subject…

If you’ve only ordered and not taken delivery then you’ll get the price cut anyway.

Quite aside from that, however, is that a money claim would go exactly nowhere. Tesla don’t owe you anything more than what you agreed to buy at the price specified. They don’t owe you residual value, etc. Mass produced cars aren’t investments, and if you’re not selling then that unrealised loss is irrelevant.
What about the statement they dont do discounts?

• Disagree
Reactions: cliff harris
Is it a discount? Arguably, they’ve just changed the price list. If you go in today and ask for a discount you’ll get the same answer you got yesterday.
Yes, I agree. This is a price change, rather than a discount. Understandably, some of the people who bought recently, will be a bit gutted. Those who got a high trade in, not so much, but when you are buying for straight up money with no trade in, its a tough pill to swallow.

So, Tesla have significantly dropped their price. Look I'm a new Tesla owner. Previously I've driven lots of other ICE cars. Ive never experienced 10k drop in less than 6 weeks of ownership.

I was gong to buy the car in Jan because of possible discounts, but I was shown a YouTube video by someone in Tesla showroom showing Elon says we dont do discounts. on that basis I placed the order.

Surly this has been miss-sold with significant discounts 6 weeks later?

Whats your views on doing a money claim and see where it leads to?
I can see why you are annoyed, who wouldn't be, and you are still in the Anger and Bargaining phase of your grief but you might as well skip to acceptance because unfortunately there is litterally nothing you can do.
They offered a product at a price. you accepted and paid that price and got exactly what you paid for.
Its still the same car you were happy with yesterday so just enjoy it.

From Tesla I paid £39k for a "used" (only done 200 miles) Model 3 SR+ (refreshed Nov 2000 USA build). Saw the 2nd hand price rise to as high as £48k. Now I guess it's probably well under £40k given the new price has fallen so far! Mine only has 8000 miles on it. Maybe I should have sold 9 months ago. I don't do much driving! Crazy I could buy a new model Y now for thousands less than my 2nd hand model 3 was worth 9 months ago!!
What was weird about the Model 3 I bought - in the dashcam footage I could see it being driven onto someone's gravel drive with Christmas lights on it. I told Tesla for security and UK laws they should delete all dashcam footage before selling on a car!!!
Interestingly Tesla trucked the Model 3 from Glasgow to Heathrow so I could buy it!
Personally I think Tesla is going to anger a lot of customers cutting prices so quickly and by so much. But I presume they have a massive demand problem after Elon turned into a cultish tit on Twitter, and now they have a new factory in China and Texas also churning out cars. So don't need to ship as many from China now.

Last edited:
  • Disagree
Reactions: boombap and CWT3LR
Any advice for a Tesla newbie?

Agreed to buy a nearly new Tesla from a dealer just before these price cuts to be delivered (roughly 6months old, low mileage, Parkin sensors, enhanced auto pilot) that was initially an £11k saving!

This price cut makes it now a £6k saving (or £3k without the enhanced auto pilot which I wasn’t initially thinking of taking!)

Are the parking sensors the same as USS?
Would I be better off sticking with a new car order?

So many things have come up in the space of 24 hours!
Clearly 'nearly new' second hand prices will need to adjust now, but it's likely to take a couple of months. Can you wait ? If you are interested to stretch to a new Model Y instead it's clearly a good time to do it.

USS = Ultrasonic Sensor = Parking Sensors

Clearly 'nearly new' second hand prices will need to adjust now, but it's likely to take a couple of months. Can you wait ? If you are interested to stretch to a new Model Y instead it's clearly a good time to do it.

USS = Ultrasonic Sensor = Parking Sensors
Yeah I was in no rush originally to actually take delivery of a vehicle now. But the savings vs the price it was yesterday were good so I jumped on it!

we did really want the parking sensors on the car though so if we wait, we would hope there’s a new solution/sensors added back in soon!

Thanks for confirming btw!

From Tesla I paid £39k for a "used" (only done 200 miles) Model 3 SR+ (refreshed Nov 2000 USA build). Saw the 2nd hand price rise to as high as £48k. Now I guess it's probably well under £40k given the new price has fallen so far! Mine only has 8000 miles on it. Maybe I should have sold 9 months ago. I don't do much driving! Crazy I could buy a new model Y now for thousands less than my 2nd hand model 3 was worth 9 months ago!!
What was weird about the Model 3 I bought - in the dashcam footage I could see it being driven onto someone's gravel drive with Christmas lights on it. I told Tesla for security and UK laws they should delete all dashcam footage before selling on a car!!!
Interestingly Tesla trucked the Model 3 from Glasgow to Heathrow so I could buy it!
but is that not what happens in the car market, car prices depreciate, it was only due to demand and COVID that the tesla prices (and most prices) were inflated, they are now coming back down.

Reactions: boombap
Now you know the type of company you are dealing with. Tesla wait for the 14 day consumer rights window to close, so the poor mugs who thought they'd made a £4k saving on a MYP before year end, will now find they are £8k down overnight with a car they can't return. Add to that the removal of
USS with no replacement in sight! Lesson learnt here!

Now you know the type of company you are dealing with. Tesla wait for the 14 day consumer rights window to close, so the poor mugs who thought they'd made a £4k saving on a MYP before year end, will now find they are £8k down overnight with a car they can't return. Add to that the removal of
USS with no replacement in sight! Lesson learnt here!
The normal kind.
I once renewed my insurance with Admiral who, spuriously based on 6 month old incorrect information, decided there was a modification to my car I had not told them about. They waited until 1 days after the cooling off period to contact me and tell me I needed to pay more due to the ( non existent) modification. Coincidence? I didn't think so.

Reactions: boombap
agree wholehardely, but thats how it was, even here over in the States. I ordered a M3 as my fiesta started to play up and the used prices were horrendous (ie more than new), due to delays, i had to cancel and ended up getting the Ioniq - and even then i had to contend with the dealer 'markup' prices - i don't know if the UK dealers were doing it but over here it was horrific. The Kia EV6 had a dealer 'markup' of $10k, the Ioniq had $7.5k which I managed to get down to to $4k but I know that as soon as I drove it off the Lot i'd instantly lost 10k