Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[UK] Price cuts

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I hope prices keep crashing tbh. The amount Tesla overcharge on white interior/any paint other than white/1 inch bigger tires is insulting. When you can buy a non poverty spec 3LR for near £40k, then it will be quite an attractive car again.
They haven’t crashed. They’ve only now increased by around £2K year on year. People seem to have short memories. Tesla pricing is like Amazon. They move frequently, and a bargain reduction may end up being nothing of the sort.

No, tough luck basically. Sorry to be brutal but that’s the reality of it.

Been spurred on by price cut to pay off my (non-Tesla) PCP today as I can now see that it will be under water at 4y and am planning to keep it beyond that.
What’s really annoying is when I was in the showroom I decided to go for the Tesla in November for December delivery as they explained that I would have circa £10,000 equity after 3 years plus interest rates flying up so I’m really annoyed that I feel pressured into it all! Then to see I’ve basically lost £8k in 1 month is just infuriating, I doubt I will ever buy a Tesla again based on how crap their service is on top of price fluctuations and pressure into buying immediately.

They haven’t crashed. They’ve only now increased by around £2K year on year. People seem to have short memories. Tesla pricing is like Amazon. They move frequently, and a bargain reduction may end up being nothing of the sort.
10% cut without notice is a sign of things to come imo. This is good for new buyers and old owners. New ish owners are the ones that should feel pressed but I'll be happy when the 3LR is reasonably priced again.

Reactions: Exy1
What’s really annoying is when I was in the showroom I decided to go for the Tesla in November for December delivery as they explained that I would have circa £10,000 equity after 3 years plus interest rates flying up so I’m really annoyed that I feel pressured into it all! Then to see I’ve basically lost £8k in 1 month is just infuriating, I doubt I will ever buy a Tesla again based on how crap their service is on top of price fluctuations and pressure into buying immediately.
Sales guys will be sales guys

Same pitter patter anywhere you go

A while ago I was interested in an Audi and arranged a test drive of a car I was interested in

Prior to the drive, I got emails about gap insurance, paint protection and stuff like that

I duly cancelled. Buying a car and buying a sofa. You can f off with your other bells and whistles.

I had to walk out of a DFS store once, and as I exited I declared a little bit too loud to what looked like the manager:

Your assistant refuses to sell me a sofa without add ons. Why can't I buy a sofa from a sofa shop?

Sales guys wind me up no end and I've no time for that sort of sales pressure nonsense. That's partly why I cancelled the Audi meeting. Emailing me add ons before I've even arrived? They were obviously setting the scene and it's a scene I don't like at all

You just need to be prepared to cut through the BS or walk away. They are all cut from the same cloth.

Just be careful ... the model Y LR configurator has gone crazy and is adding nearly 3 grand to the price when you click through the payment page 😮

1673638937153.png

Picked up yesterday - I’m within the 14 days return period so don’t think if you got in December that you would get anywhere
Tesla waited exactly 14 days after the last December deliveries (30th Dec) to update their pricing and hence leave buyers out of pocket and unable to return cars under the consumer rights act. Quite deliberate.

Tesla waited exactly 14 days after the last December deliveries (30th Dec) to update their pricing and hence leave buyers out of pocket and unable to return cars under the consumer rights act. Quite deliberate.
Not for everyone. I got offered the same deal in January. So I’m ok and they are going to refinance the deal in my favour post delivery.