Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[UK] Price cuts

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm not suggesting it is hard to retrofit. I'm suggesting that after three iterations, they shoudl have designed it to either be easier to retrofit (to save themselves money) and/or designed it not to have all the hardware in there as standard considering the likely small % that pay for FSD. Although as mentioned that latter one they've painted themselves into a corner with

Its an expensive sledgehammer to crack a nut in that regard
All cars need to support AutoPilot, and safety features so the compute power needs to be there in order to achieve that 🤷‍♂️

All cars need to support AutoPilot, and safety features so the compute power needs to be there in order to achieve that 🤷‍♂️
Other manufacturers deliver the same safety features without seeming to need the same highly complex approach. And they don't pretend that the future can be applied retrospectively to cars 5, 7 order even 10 years after being built. But the price you pay for that is having to await the next model iteration to get the latest tech.

Thats me having my investor hat on I guess and looking at the company performance and outlook. From a consumer perspective not ideal I agree.
Does it not alarm you that after just 2 weeks since the price cuts, Tesla are using that small 2 weeks window of demand boost to forecast the entire 2023 guidance?

I'm not an investor, but, that's my takeaway. It's a bizzare forecasting method and to be brutally honest for a moment, its a completely flawed method.

• Disagree
Reactions: Rooster6655
I was told on the phone and got a follow up in writing as I picked up on the 12th saying after my complaint they would redo my finance st the newer price.

they since have gone quiet on me and after chasing since the 13th they are just refusing to talk about what they already said in writing and on the phone and telling me to return the car. They thought i was bluffing. Too bad for them im not.
So when I said let’s initiate return threw some random per mile charge out at me that’s not in the contract anyway.

So threatened legal and they said it will now be sorted tomorrow and they would allow me to keep the supercharger miles and reducing the finance cost.

Reactions: Jackstini
On the HW4 subject, was there any mention of it being level 3,4 or 5 ADAS?

And does this confirm that HW3 will never get past level 2?

So my 2020 M3 will never be a robotaxi?

It's all a bit unclear IMO
I don't think you'll get a clear answer. It is not in their best interests to give you a definitive answer. "Full self driving" seems to be a moving goalpost, and now that there's going to be at least two "grades" of it (HW3 and HW4), I don't think there will ever be clarity.

Reactions: 2020M3SR
Not really, the interest charged on car finance is a function of profitability and not anything to do with the base rates. It’s just marketing to get people through the door or somewhere to skim extra profit that is a bit hidden.

You could get cars on 0% back before the 2008 crash when rates were 5+. The profits were just built into the top line price instead.

I don’t think DFS has ever charged interest on their finance deals.

Wait for it all to kick off again today…

Tesla drops interest rates back to 3.9% for PCP and Tesla loan.

Drops payments significantly.

Don’t bother me but I’m sure it will many?

ooh. this makes it interesting. Previously it was just treading water if you needed their finance - prices down but APR up. This is now a proper price cut per month for those needing finance.

I can walk away from my 3LR one year into a loan without negative equity and potentially into a lower monthly for a RWD 3/Y (which is probably enough for me given larger LFP batteries). No USS on new ones though?

Reactions: ElectricPolice
Not really, the interest charged on car finance is a function of profitability and not anything to do with the base rates. It’s just marketing to get people through the door or somewhere to skim extra profit that is a bit hidden.

You could get cars on 0% back before the 2008 crash when rates were 5+. The profits were just built into the top line price instead.

I don’t think DFS has ever charged interest on their finance deals.
I agree, another price cut would create a greater panic (amongst the invisible keyboard warrior n*bs that like to stir it up) and this is just a means of doing it stealthily.

I doubt it will make the Daily Mail front page shouting doom and gloom to Tesla and the EV market, but who knows?

But I'll say again I don't give a "sugar" as I'm more than happy with my choice as I like to think I'm intelligent enough to make my own decisions without government intervention. That's not to say we don't make mistakes but that's life... hindsight is crystal ball stuff;)

I did a trade in check and I think basically at ‘walk away’ no equity but no negative equity. Would let me get into a Y or 3 RWD at the same monthly figure with no deposit probably.

Interestingly Tesla called me to chase the trade in. Don’t know if that’s normal or they’re particularly keen to get people moving in Q1. Offered to arrange a test drive for me too

I saw the news about 3.9% APR too. I have a MYLR on delivery in early March, and I'm on a PCP quoted at 6.9% APR. Haven't got the invoice and anything yet - would they retroactively apply the interest reduction to current orders not delivered yet? I'll write to my sales assistant - cancelling the order now and reordering I would still be better off even if I lost the £200.

Apropos but I just did a trade in quote on my 2020 M3P, and it came back as £39,000. Big drop from Q2 2022 (£55,700 at one point) but more in keeping with expected depreciation I guess.

I too wouldn't buy a new one without USS, more on principal than a strong need.

Reactions: phil4
I saw the news about 3.9% APR too. I have a MYLR on delivery in early March, and I'm on a PCP quoted at 6.9% APR. Haven't got the invoice and anything yet - would they retroactively apply the interest reduction to current orders not delivered yet? I'll write to my sales assistant - cancelling the order now and reordering I would still be better off even if I lost the £200.
I’m in same boat, delivery date 1st march. This is the current status “We are drafting up your invoice and will contact you to arrange your final payment.”
Have asked for call back from them. Will cancel present order if they are not going to apply it retrospectively.

Reactions: manub
I’m in same boat, delivery date 1st march. This is the current status “We are drafting up your invoice and will contact you to arrange your final payment.”
Have asked for call back from them. Will cancel present order if they are not going to apply it retrospectively.
I'll do the same - I have exactly the same current status.

Let's keep each other updated :)

Not surprised, they have 500 inventory cars listed at the moment. And maybe even that is just a limit on how many they list.

Having a look, there are loads of M3 with Tow bar in inventory. I wonder if something daft is going on in so much as you can;t order a M3 with tow bar easily so nobody has and therefore not matching with cars in stock?