Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Uk price increase.. again

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just checking the Tesla site it seems the 3 has had yet another price increase - now showing at £51,990 starting for a LR, hoping this will have a positive impact again on resale….maybe time for a trade in for a Y
M3 is backed up till November so they have 8months to get them all sold. So why not raise the price. MY are available in May (even the variants that say July on order page) so not long left to sell them. So a price rise is less likely. Shipping costs Nickel etc are all through the roof though so anything is possible

MY has gone up in price in other regions so it’s interesting that it hasn’t in Europe. I’m wondering with the waiting times for MY being the shortest in Europe if Tesla overestimated the demand, hence the price not going up yet. China and the US have a massive backlog of MY orders of 100k for each, but Europe it’s only 10k.
1568BF39-3CDC-45E8-A8F3-634EAAFC3C1A.png

As long as they’re selling every car they make, there’s no reason to attempt price parity with ICE cars.
I don't think Tesla were the ones to say that and my statement was tongue in cheek anyway.
I think Tesla would claim their cars are already cheaper than ICE if you look at total cost of ownership. They may well be right.
One of my friends posted on social media the other day horrified that he just paid £88 to fill up his BMW. I didn't resist the temptation to say I just filled up my car as well and it cost £3.75. To be fair though he was using super unleaded and I was using economy electrons so its not an entirely fair comparison. :)

I don't think Tesla were the ones to say that and my statement was tongue in cheek anyway.
I think Tesla would claim their cars are already cheaper than ICE if you look at total cost of ownership. They may well be right.
One of my friends posted on social media the other day horrified that he just paid £88 to fill up his BMW. I didn't resist the temptation to say I just filled up my car as well and it cost £3.75. To be fair though he was using super unleaded and I was using economy electrons so its not an entirely fair comparison. :)
Elon has said for years that EV prices need to come down to ICE car levels, that was pre covid though.

My BMW was over £90 to fill up before the oil price increases, hate to think how much it would be now!