Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Uk price increase.. again

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
For what it's worth I've just requested another trade in quote and am now being quoted £53,800 with no changes.

I was somewhat tempted when the cost to change (albeit to EAP rather than FSD on new car) was ~£10k, but now it's not worth it in my eyes.
I was hoping with the price increases this week the price would at least have remained the same, as LR owners prices appear to have increased. Trade in prices are high just now but it's maybe irrelevant if you can't get a new car within 60 days anyway.

Just refresh. I have had that loads of times on My Account pages ... I think its just Tesla server failing to deliver the page, for some reason (and for whatever reason that is treated as a 404 error). Can persist for several minutes.
Doesn't matter how many times I referesh, still just get 404. They obviously don't want you spamming their site with trade in requests.

Reactions: WannabeOwner
U.K. Y’s are definitely coming from China at the moment. They will produce LHD MY first in Berlin with RHD probably at the end in Q4 when all Europe MY come from a Berlin.
Yes they are coming from China at the moment but they are sold out for this quarter. We have no knowledge whether they will produce RHD from day one in Germany or not. All we know is the MY price has increased in the US and Asia but not Europe, whereas the M3 has in all locations.

Can I get a new trade in value or do you have to let the 60 days lapse ?
if you remove the trade in from your order you might be able to but not otherwise I don't think
I got a quote 2weeks ago which is attached to my order for an MY so I got a friend with a near identical vehicle (2k less miles 4 months older) to get a quote today. £500 less than mine so meh.

Yes they are coming from China at the moment but they are sold out for this quarter. We have no knowledge whether they will produce RHD from day one in Germany or not. All we know is the MY price has increased in the US and Asia but not Europe, whereas the M3 has in all locations.
I think the lead time for the MYP being “late 2022” means RHD MYPs will likely only be produced in Berlin (from Q4), so that will likely also be roughly when RHD MYLRs will start production there, or maybe slightly after. Also, this is dependant on current world problems, which could easily put things back by 3-6 months, so could easily be over a year until we see 4680 MYLRs here.

I guess Tesla are willing to make slightly less on the MY in europe for the short term, as they will be making a lot more on them in the medium and long term once they’re made in Berlin. M3 however, will still be manufactured in China for a long time yet, and continue to give them smaller margins in europe.

I think the lead time for the MYP being “late 2022” means RHD MYPs will likely only be produced in Berlin (from Q4), so that will likely also be roughly when RHD MYLRs will start production there, or maybe slightly after. Also, this is dependant on current world problems, which could easily put things back by 3-6 months, so could easily be over a year until we see 4680 MYLRs here.

I guess Tesla are willing to make slightly less on the MY in europe for the short term, as they will be making a lot more on them in the medium and long term once they’re made in Berlin. M3 however, will still be manufactured in China for a long time yet, and continue to give them smaller margins in europe.
Plan A was to keep my 2019 M3 until the end of the year to see which way the wind was blowing on German production and 4680 but with the price rises and the high residuals I am jumping ship now before the M3 drops and the MY rises.

@ 23.00hrs 16th March 2022 in the UK it looks like the only M3 without a price increase Is the Performance.

Since Jan 22 the M3 LR (base price) has now increased by £5,000….

M3 SR+ now £44,990
M3 LR now £54,990
M3 Performance still £59,990

9203D14B-3647-4B89-81DD-F03F1544FF82.jpeg
@ 23.00hrs 16th March 2022 in the UK it looks like the only M3 without a price increase Is the Performance.

Since Jan 22 the M3 LR (base price) has now increased by £5,000….

M3 RWD now £44,990
M3 LR now £54,990
M3 Performance still £59,990
Correction M3 Rear Wheel Drive (not sr+) now £45,990

Plan A was to keep my 2019 M3 until the end of the year to see which way the wind was blowing on German production and 4680 but with the price rises and the high residuals I am jumping ship now before the M3 drops and the MY rises.

Same for me. Was going to keep my M3 (Sept 2019) until this time next year but decided to jump in and order yesterday, for exactly the same reasons. I’ve been pondering it since a positive MY test drive experience a few weeks ago but the pricing situation convinced me to get the MY ordered now.

Now to decide whether I trade in or sell the M3. Right now the Tesla trade in estimate (£43.1k) is looking better than the Motorway estimate (£40.8k) although my past experience with Motorway suggests they can get a bit more. I think I’ll also need to redo the Tesla trade in as the MY delivery is more than 60 days away, currently showing as July. Anyone with experience of Tesla trade-ins M3 to MY care to comment on their experience on the process and final valuation?

My main question is - is there any point adding the current trade in estimate to my MY order or should I redo it closer to delivery time to ensure it’s within the 60 day period that final trade in offers are valid?

Last edited:
Same for me. Was going to keep my M3 (Sept 2019) until this time next year but decided to jump in and order yesterday, for exactly the same reasons. I’ve been pondering it since a positive MY test drive experience a few weeks ago but the pricing situation convinced me to get the MY ordered now.

Now to decide whether I trade in or sell the M3. Right now the Tesla trade in estimate (£43.1k) is looking better than the Motorway estimate (£40.8k) although my past experience with Motorway suggests they can get a bit more. I think I’ll also need to redo the Tesla trade in as the MY delivery is more than 60 days away, currently showing as July. Anyone with experience of Tesla trade-ins M3 to MY care to comment on their experience on the process and final valuation?

My main question is - is there any point adding the current trade in estimate to my MY order or should I redo it closer to delivery time to ensure it’s within the 60 day period that final trade in offers are valid?
what did you order. I ordered Grey/black/19" which was July on the configurator but post order it is now May8th to June5th.
Considering I am still waiting for the review of the pictures and confirmation of the offer. I might now get in under the 60day limit assuming it applies from confirmation not initial estimate which would make sense.

what did you order. I ordered Grey/black/19" which was July on the configurator but post order it is now May8th to June5th.
Considering I am still waiting for the review of the pictures and confirmation of the offer. I might now get in under the 60day limit assuming it applies from confirmation not initial estimate which would make sense.
My new Model 3 currently won't come to June, so well after my 60 days. I'm not really that worried though, while they are within their rights to change the valuation surely the higher sale price will be pushing up trade in values now. I'm happy with the deal offered.