Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Uk price increase.. again

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Since this thread has evolved into talking about trade in prices here is some food for thought.
According to Autotrader "EVs now account for more than one in five (22%) of all new advert views, whilst the volume of enquiries sent to retailers through Auto Trader shot up at the weekend to an all-time high of 30.7%."

If we compare that to the proportion of adverts on autotrader that are for EV's. There are 352,000 cars on autotrader right now. Of those approximately 7000 are BEVs and 7000 are PHEV.
So depending on whether the above above reference to EV's includes PHEVs that means that between 22% and 30% of people enquiring on autotrader are chasing between 2-4% of the cars available.

I would say that bodes well for EV residuals for the foreseeable future. Or very badly for the residuals on ICE cars depending on how you look at it.

Since this thread has evolved into talking about trade in prices here is some food for thought.
According to Autotrader "EVs now account for more than one in five (22%) of all new advert views, whilst the volume of enquiries sent to retailers through Auto Trader shot up at the weekend to an all-time high of 30.7%."

If we compare that to the proportion of adverts on autotrader that are for EV's. There are 352,000 cars on autotrader right now. Of those approximately 7000 are BEVs and 7000 are PHEV.
So depending on whether the above above reference to EV's includes PHEVs that means that between 22% and 30% of people enquiring on autotrader are chasing between 2-4% of the cars available.

I would say that bodes well for EV residuals for the foreseeable future. Or very badly for the residuals on ICE cars depending on how you look at it.
This was always going to be the case based on how the adoption curve evolves for basically all technology.

What doesn’t make sense? Depreciation is heavily front loaded.
What doesn't make sense is that older cars are being offered higher trade-ins. It seems Tesla don't want the brand new ones back just yet.

With the £5k uptick in price on a new M3, I also checked my 2022 M3 LR MSM trade-in value & got the same as the other two just above in this thread (£48,400). Not likely that I'd change it at this point, but I'd be a little bit tempted to switch to a MY LR if it was close to zero cost.

So what makes a Mercedes or even my 13 year Astra take bumps smoother? My mate was shocked when I told him the recommended PSI was 40 on the car. So maybe I've answered my own question! The M3 SR (not MIC) is only 1650kg - but not sure why they have it quite so high! Mobile service actually pumped mine to 43 on a recent visit!
Tyre pressures as per manual should be 42psi

Well they were extremely rapid with my trade in application, I uploaded the photos yesterday and I have my tade in offer today!

2 problems though, first is the trade in offer is almost £1k less than the estimate, so I need to ask them why that is.

Second is that the trade in section on my account is now requesting a settlement letter for my current car's finance, which is a Tesla loan, obviously it won't be settled until I trade it in and they pay out for it, so how does that work?!

Currently in the queue on their support phone number.

I've had no response to my trade in photos for a week, although I'm not chasing them on as it looks like it will be late May at the earliest that my order will be available, so the longer it takes the likelier it will be that it will be within their 60 day timeframe.