TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

UK price increase due on 1st April

Discussion in 'The UK and Ireland' started by dnf747, Mar 15, 2016.

1. dnf747

dnf747 Member

Hi all

Not sure if this is common knowledge (apologies if it is) but thought I'd post that UK Tesla prices are due to increase on 1st April.

I had a text message from my Tesla sales advisor earlier today, no doubt gently trying to convince me to order a car!

No idea what the price increase will be.

2. Altaa

Altaa Member

There's another post else where asking what are you waiting for before ordering.
    For me it is the point in the next year where my PCP is such that I can buy the vehicle outright and then sell it on.

If the price increase is substantial then I think that'll keep me in my A6.

The price of a 70D has gone up by around £2.5k since I first started looking at the end of last year already (with £500 of that being the reduction in government grant).

Interesting that the 70D in the US is $75000 (approx £52000) after incentives.

3. EV Guy

EV Guy Member

I've read elsewhere it's. 4% increase from April 1st.

It'll be interesting if off the back of the Model 3 announcement any Model S news is given such as the rumoured 100kWh battery.

4. tfboy

tfboy Gimme the Caaaaaar!

I've just placed an order for an S pretty much fully loaded on the 30th March (big birthday present to myself!).
    Also, in anticipation of these rumoured price increases.

Having a look in the design studio today, prices haven't changed... Nor have the options - still 90kWh the biggest you can get. I wouldn't mind a P100D though :D

5. dnf747

dnf747 Member

I agree, no price increase!

Just checked my message from the Tesla associate and it definitely stated that the price increase would be on the 1st April. Will be giving them a call tomorrow.

This puts into question the honesty of anything they may tell me in future.

Not impressed!!!!

6. tfboy

Well, I'll probably pop into the Heathrow branch tomorrow over lunch and enquire about the increase and also see if they can arrange within the 2-week window another test drive with a P90DL so I can get a feel for whether the rather large increase is worth it in my eyes.

7. dnf747

dnf747 Member

Just had a reply from Tesla:

"..... due to the strong interest in the model 3 the IT team were unable to change the prices. The site crashed a few times. The price increase will now take place on Sunday (April 10th)....."

8. tfboy

When I had my second test drive in a P90DL (more on that later!), I asked about the price increase, and I was told the same thing, although I wasn't given a date. So it's this weekend apparently...

I have till next Friday 15th before my order is confirmed, so will have a few days to ponder whether to stick with the cheaper pricing or cancel, accept the increase and see what other goodies might arrive (facelift, 100kWh battery, etc).

9. dnf747

dnf747 Member

Well....... Sunday has come and gone and still no price change! At least Tesla's communications are consistent!!

It's a shame they can't keep to their proposed timetable, it really doesn't install confidence in their marketing/communications department.

tfboy, you must be wondering what to do about your order; it must be somewhat frustrating?

10. tfboy

Well, I have a few more days to decide. If I keep it, I'm hopeful for an (early) June delivery. As of today, they're now saying "late June". So I know for sure (if I believe their website of course!) that should I cancel and reorder, I'll be on a later shipment.

I know I'll get the new wheels and centre concole. I don't know about all the other rumoured changes...

I need to chase up as I was promised a call to discuss finance options and that hasn't materialised. I was perhaps too charmed by Miss M who showed me around last Thursday ;)

Shoud I hold on to the order, naturally, I'd be peeved it if were to be delayed, but maybe I should expect that despite what the website says so then I can only be pleasantly surprised by a delivery date that actually stuck!

11. dnf747

dnf747 Member

Well it seems we have to wait no more, the updated prices and Model S facelift has been released!

Just been onto the Tesla website and seen the remodelled front end and spec changes: led driving lights, HEPA filter and charger upgrade options.

The car spec I was looking at has increased from £81800 to £86900, that's a 6.2% increase.

12. PeteW

PeteW Member

Even the cheapest model S has gone from £54,100 to £58,300, a 7.7% increase...

In the US, on the other hand, prices only went us by $1,500.

Pretty steep. Makes me a bit more concerned what the Model 3 price will be.

13. Lawtq

Lawtq Member

Right off Britain. The model 3 will be £35000. Total crap.

The model s price increase has totally disgusted tbh. Absolutely ridiculous

14. EV Guy

EV Guy Member

A lot of people are saying the prices are due to currency exchange rates USD$ - GBP£ being fairly low and down to uncertainty over 'Brexit'

15. Altaa

Altaa Member

Except that happened at the end of last year and there was a coinciding price rise at that time.
    There's been no fluctuation in the exchange rate this time round.
    The 90D was £69k last week, this week it's £74.9k !

16. Lawtq

Lawtq Member

It's globally recognised and, accepted, companies rip of Britain cause they can