Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK prices increased

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

thegruf

Mar 24, 2015
indeterminate
that's exchange rates for you
due to a weaker outlook for the uk, expecially with uncertainty surrounding the General Election here with a possible outcome of a higher/reckless spending Labour administration again

85D £62,500 -> £63,200 = +£700
P85D £79,100 -> £79,800 = +£800

option pricing seems unchanged except for 21 inch wheels £3700 -> £3800 = +£100

Lol, Labour higher spending? Osborn has borrowed more in 5 years than every labour administration in history put together, mostly because he's rubbish at running an economy and has no economic nouse at all. There's some very interesting articles out there re: negative correlation between austerity and economic growth and the vast majority of top economists support this AND refute the Tory propaganda re: Labour spending.

Ahmm, back on topic, compared to speccing up the exact same car I have now (bought in July last year), the model S is cheaper.

I am not a political animal, and would rather somebody ran the country professionally than just played political football with it, any day.

That said, that sure is a load of ill-informed tripe you wrote there.
The last Labour government spent recklessly beyond words and left an extraordinary mess that will take the last lot plus the next two governments at least (15 years in total) to clear up, irrespective of which political colour they are.

The big thing that is missing from all political discussion these days is fiscal responsibility - dont spend more than you tax.
We now owe iro£1.5trillion or viewed differently every working person has a debt of about £50,000 thanks to government profligacy.
The interest payments alone would build a major new hospital every week + a lot of change
This is the true cumulative effect of successive inept administrations.

As for the model S is cheaper than last year, it may well be, but the post was to indicate that the prices have just increased on 2nd May most likely due to the exchange rate weakening.

I'd argue the price has actually gone down for entry level cars...

A base 70D spec'd up with SatNav, Internet Radio, Dual Chargers and Supercharging is LESS than a similar S60 last year.

Ok you are missing lights in the door handles and electric opening boot, but you do get more range, 4WD and emergency braking.

My P85d is about £2k more expensive + I ordered the dual chargers which are no longer available when ordering.

There is no doubt in my mind that had we had a Conservative Government in power during the period before the economic crisis that we would have been in roughly the same situation ie an economic mess. I believe that the Tories too would have bailed out the banks as they would have had no choice.

If we want to discuss reckless spending, the present Tory Govt was responsible for one of most pointless large scale reforms of the NHS in 2012. Costing over £2bn, it has created 200 commissioning organisations when previously there were only just over 50. A layman takes 2 minutes to realise that any economies of scale were lost when they did this. The Tory Govt acknowledged that it has been a waste and sacked the architect of the plans, Andrew Lansley who I note then did not stand for election. And many of the 20,000 "mindless bureaucrats" Cameron claimed were made redundant have either been re-employed or engaged as consultants. Plus we now have a real crisis in GP recruitment which the Tories are largely responsible for. If they want to fix that they are going to have to spend their way out of it. They have no choice.

For me, this is one of the most depressing periods in politics I have experienced. Negative campaigning by both parties has seen the meteoric rise of the SNP and UKIP, both of whom are at best naive and inexperienced and at worst downright dangerous. The Tories are in for a rough ride now.