TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

UK Ranger service

Discussion in 'The UK and Ireland' started by Smiley, Sep 4, 2018.

1. Smiley

Smiley Member

I had an SC appointment booked for 17th Sep to replace, what seems like, a loose wing mirror which makes a horrid racket when closing the drivers door. I was contacted today and told the closest SC (Milton Keynes) are starting a Ranger service and he could come see me at home in Northampton on 7th Sep instead. I was pleasantly surprised.
    I know the US have Rangers, is this a new thing for us in UK, anyone had any experience of this service?

2. DJP31

DJP31 Member

I haven’t myself but plenty of U.K. owners have had ranger visits. Door handle repairs are a common one.

Certainly takes the pressure off the SC’s and obviously convenient too.

• Like x 1
  3. GeorgeSymonds

GeorgeSymonds Member

A few years back there was a problem with seat belts being twisted, rangers, including in the UK, parked up at super charger locations and checked whoever turned up while charging. They were the good old days.

• Like x 2
  4. 12Pack

12Pack ..

12V battery changed a couple of months ago in the car park at work - perfect, painless.

• Like x 1
  5. Subevo

Subevo Member

How old was the battery?

6. GeorgeSymonds

GeorgeSymonds Member

The 12v battery can go anytime from a car only days old to never failing. It’s better than it used to be and the car generally warns you to get it done,

7. 12Pack

12Pack ..

4 years. But I remember even before it was replaced, the error went away - which is not supposed to happen if the battery was really at fault. Had it changed anyway.

8. Smiley

Smiley Member

New door mirror fitted, very happy with service provided by the ranger.
    Hopefully won’t have to call on them again any time soon, but nice to know they are there if needed.

• Informative x 1
  9. cheshire cat

cheshire cat Member

New bonnet catch fitted approx 3 months back (location south Cheshire) faultless service from Stockport's finest:)