TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

UK rear fog lights optional?

Discussion in 'The UK and Ireland' started by 12Pack, Aug 28, 2017.

1. 12Pack

12Pack Member

Can't seem to find a rear fog light button on the Lights page in Controls? I thought they were a requirement in the U.K. What am I missing?

2. thegruf

thegruf Active Member

Well that made me just go and look, as I cant recall the last time we had fog!

I have [Rear] option, though the button is masked by the rear of the image of the car, above where it says [Auto].
    Now I see it, I have to say that it is not the smartest bit of UI on the car.

and yes, you are correct, rear fog lights are a legal requirement in the UK.

3. arg

arg Supporting Member

IIRC, the button is greyed out until the headlights are on (either automatically or manually).

4. thegruf

thegruf Active Member

which makes it even more fun to find when your car is grey

• Funny x 1
  5. 12Pack

12Pack Member

Grey? That's Midnight Silver to you, buddy.;)

Thanks, guys - that was indeed the issue - my failing eyes didn't see the masked out button when the headlamps were off. More visible in Night mode.

• Like x 1