Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK Repair cost on a Model X!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So yesterday I had the lovely welcome back to my 2 week old brand new Model X and found someone had crashed into the rear quarter.

I do not have anything recording and no CCTV so the repair is on me, I'll just say that my question is based on repair costs, so in the nicest possible way because I am currently gutted! I doing wish to get into, what I can and can not do to find the driver or what I should off done / should be doing. I just don't care now and want to move past it, I know now to have the car recording whenever its parked so let s just leave that there now.

I will be paying for the damage myself as my excess is £1500 and it will have to much of an impact on my insurance to claim unless its over £4000 I am going to pay for it myself.

So onto the question, has anyone had to replace their rear bumper (painted part) and also the lower black plastic bumper section? I know I can keep the lowest part on the bumper that goes under the car as its not damaged.

The quarter panel is also damaged but that can be repaired, thank god as replacing a quarter panel means cutting it out and welding one in!

I need a price if anyone has one on both the rear bumper parts mentioned above, parts only or / and fitted?

I am want to go with new not eBay really.

Thank you!

I don't have the part #, but the shop charged my insurance company $1120 for replacing the rear bumper. This is a reputable shop but known to be expensive. I remember seeing $350 somewhere for the parts but I could be wrong. Hope this helps.