Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK Reservations - Wait time?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all,

Seeing that there seem to be a lot of US orders being delivered with no reservation - within a month (please keep me honest if I’m wrong!)... what do we think the realistic delivery date will be for the UK?

Conscious Top Gear mentioned a “2 year wait” recently - yet my delivery estimator is saying “early 2019”.

Obviously there is a lot to happen before then (they’ve not shipped anywhere apart from Canada). But any other views or opinions?

Excited UK reservation owner here!

I would trust Tesla’s estimate before a 3rd party estimate including from some dude on the Internet (ie: me). I would also think of “early 2019” as June 30, 2019 to reduce the risk of disappointment.

My delivery was right in the middle of the 3 month window that was given to me in ~Feb 2018. Hang in there!

I've got a UK reservation (placed in June/July) and mine also shows Early 2019. My guess is that they'll focus on US deliveries while the tax credit is available (e.g. through to the end of the year) before even thinking about European distribution. I also expect lots of distribution headaches for non-US deliveries to complicate things further.

Shame really as I'm looking to change my car inside the next 6 months (before I have to do a major service on my current car). At this point I've pretty much resigned myself to the fact that an EV is going to be my next-but-one car, and not the next. At the minute it looks like that would probably still be a Tesla unless the mainstream manufacturers pull their fingers out on a mid-size offering.

As UK is right-hand driven vehicles I would go with a timeline of 2nd half of 2019.

Until the end of 2018, US and Canada will be Teslas prime markets. In order for Tesla to say "we are on time" maybe a few vehicles will be sent to Europe, but the big EU deliveries are first to be expected in the 1st half of 2019.

As a late reservation holder in "left-hand" drive I would expect a similar timelime as an early UK reservation holder. I'm thinking Oct'19 to march'2020. Maybe sooner?

Our Model 3's will come soon enough! :)