Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK RHD Model 3 Wiper Blades

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well, I thought I'd follow up with feedback. After two weeks, the new Michelin Stealth blades have started to squeak a bit. Really annoying. It's when the drivers side reaches the top and changes direction. I'm going to try deep cleaning the windscreen to see if that helps.

• Informative
Reactions: Jeeves
Moderator comment - thread merged from "Which wipes blades for the model 3"

The OEM ones lasted six months before swuaking a lot, I then tried Michelin and they lasted about three months before getting noisy. I've tried cleaning with various substances without much success but they are now really annoying. So, recommendations people.

Last edited by a moderator:
My originals are now 10 months old and wiping well, and quietly. I’ve seen others complaining so I wonder if it is a question of which batch the OEM wipers came from?

Yes, I'm wondering where mine came from because they are still excellent (over a year)! I would have them again in a heartbeat ... yet clearly others are not so happy with the OEM wiper blades. I've never looked to see if there are any markings on them to give a clue but maybe I should.

I've purchased these. They do fit apparently using the original fitments from the Tesla blades, which I still have.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B013VDWXTI/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Halfords stock Bosch so maybe more info in store there? If you are member of AA breakdown and other organisations, you get 10% off in store at Halfords.

[ouch]Bosch A120S Wiper Blades - Front Pair | Halfords UK but does say not suitable for vehicle and so does Amazon linked ones.

Moderator comment - thread merged from "Bosch OEM wipers for Model 3"

These arrive for lhd cars, but all you need to do is swap over the snap in fitments from the originals on your car and they become rhd fit.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B013VDWXTI/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

£26.10 the pair. I've just fitted them to mine. They also have the Bosch logo on them, which my original ones didn't have, so I wonder if the originals were Bosch.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Adopado
Even though they dont list it for our cars (a lot of sites arent up to what fits a M3) I can confirm they fit and work perfectly (better than original)
Go into car and select Service and then wiper service mode
Remove original wipers (pressing down on button) lay down arm with a towel or microfibre under arm over glass.
Remove both small clips on new wipers (turn them upside down and push until they click off then remove.)
Compare wiper length (I think the 19" is driver and 26" passenger)
Slide TL4 connector (there is about 4 or 5 different connectors) into wiper arm till it clicks then take new blade and position under new clip give it a firm push until it clicks into place. You could always put the TL4 onto new blade first then slide into place but I found putting the connector in first then the blade easy.
Repeat with other blade.
Go back into car and take wipers out of service mode (when you put the car into Drive it will also do this).

I have found them so much better than the ones that came with the car.

My OEM ones are absolutely awful. Having always used Bosch Aero's I was shocked at how utterly garbage these blades really are. I've cleaned the blades with 99% Isopropanol and every other chemical I can find in the garage, all to no avail. I've just ordered the Stealth ones from ebay, which are a cracking price considering I've just spent £36 on new blades for the wife's Kia. I'll see how they go when they arrive.