Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki UK and Ireland Supercharger Site News

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I imagine Tesla chargers unlikely at Markham Vale as already 3 sites within 10 miles or so on that bit of M1.

As for Barnsley / Haigh I can see the rationale of keeping Barnsley as the name, those of us not local unlikely to know the village name. And those of us who are local unlikely to use the SuC much….

Probably be nicer if the older V2's went open-to-all and they kept the newer faster stuff for Tesla drivers but sadly they probably have to agree to have open to all on new site installations by this point they don't have much choice.
Maybe they figured this site just wasn’t very busy. I think Tesla are quite hungry at the moment judging by the press around their workforce cuts.

The monthly sub costs have dropped from £10.99 to £8.99 very recently too.

Reactions: FastLaneJB
Maybe they figured this site just wasn’t very busy. I think Tesla are quite hungry at the moment judging by the press around their workforce cuts.

The monthly sub costs have dropped from £10.99 to £8.99 very recently too.
Yeah they’ve also dropped FSD by $4k in the US. The item that would only go up in price over time according to Elon.

Frankly I think they are missing a massive trick here. Sell it and promise via T&C’s that the person can always transfer that to a new Tesla. At that kind of price, most of those people would be unlikely to buy another brand in the future to keep their expensive FSD investment. Otherwise if you are going to lose it anyway and have to buy again, all other brands can be on the cards.

Yeah they’ve also dropped FSD by $4k in the US. The item that would only go up in price over time according to Elon.

Frankly I think they are missing a massive trick here. Sell it and promise via T&C’s that the person can always transfer that to a new Tesla. At that kind of price, most of those people would be unlikely to buy another brand in the future to keep their expensive FSD investment. Otherwise if you are going to lose it anyway and have to buy again, all other brands can be on the cards.
It might have worked in the US and they’ve selectively allowed the transfer of FSD there so they’ll have some data, and they’ve also tried the “buy today as the price is going up at the end of the month”, but over here, and with evidence now that Tesla are prepared to lower the price in the future, you’d be mad to buy it, promise of transfer or not. And with $100 a month lease option, outright purchase is equivalent to about 5 years lease, and I wouldn’t be surprised by then it will just be bundled with the car like air con, sat nav etc all started as options and ended up being on every car. Musk thinks it will increase the value of the car, but whilst it’s supervised or even if they manage to get some limited L3 o r L4 it’s only going to get cheaper.

It might have worked in the US and they’ve selectively allowed the transfer of FSD there so they’ll have some data, and they’ve also tried the “buy today as the price is going up at the end of the month”, but over here, and with evidence now that Tesla are prepared to lower the price in the future, you’d be mad to buy it, promise of transfer or not. And with $100 a month lease option, outright purchase is equivalent to about 5 years lease, and I wouldn’t be surprised by then it will just be bundled with the car like air con, sat nav etc all started as options and ended up being on every car. Musk thinks it will increase the value of the car, but whilst it’s supervised or even if they manage to get some limited L3 o r L4 it’s only going to get cheaper.
There’s obviously some value to it in passenger cars but not what he’s been charging at least for most people. It is potentially a massive differentiator though that other car companies might not be able to match easily if as you say it’s priced right or bundled in.

I think the real value for Tesla won’t be having this on passenger cars. Robotaxi’s is just one area but when they can get to the point of driverless lorry’s, buses and so on also, that’s where they’ll be able to charge a lot for it. Companies will be prepared to pay because it’ll mean they won’t have to pay a human to do those jobs.

Warehouses are becoming more automated Could have things like automated forklifts to unload the driverless vehicles arriving. Or maybe this is where Optimus comes in, either way all of this is probably the real value of Tesla if they can get there first. The car business will be peanuts compared to the money they’ll make off all of this if they pull it off.

Obviously not there yet for this to be a reality, a good way out but sooner or later it’s going to happen. Got to keep shifting the cars to fund all that development and having a fleet of people helping them test and develop that tech who also pay for the privilege.

Elveden Superchargers looking close to finished. Pictures taken Sunday morning.
IMG20240421075359.jpg

Attachments

• IMG20240421075419.jpg
    IMG20240421075419.jpg
    998.6 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG20240421075411.jpg
    IMG20240421075411.jpg
    845.6 KB · Views: 1