Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki UK and Ireland Supercharger Site News

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Desperately hoping Brighton’s long awaited super charger appears soon. We have a green mp and a significant green representation in our council yet we have only 1 fast charger covering the whole of the city of Brighton and Hove. And even that one doesn’t work properly!

All emails to council and mp have been ignored.

Does anyone have any thoughts who would be the best person to email in Tesla to get an update? It will save me the hell of using the often iced 3kw lamppost chargers that the council feel are so great
I don't think contacting Tesla will bear much fruit. Negotiations for a site (if there are any ongoing) will be commercially sensitive and there's the risk that a potential landlord might up the price if they know Tesla are involved. So no-one inside the organisation should be sharing anything specific that's not already in the public domain. Superchargers sometimes need planning permission but I'd expect a lot of hopeful owners to have been keeping an eye on possible developments in the Brighton area for several years now.

It's worth noting there does seem to be some hope of Superchargers at either the Gatwick service centre or Pease Pottage Services (or both) and Gridserve want to build a charging hub at Uckfield. If these do appear then one might argue Brighton is covered for long journeys.

It might be more fruitful to see if there are local EV groups who can band together to lobby the council more effectively for residents who can't charge at home. I would expect this is already the case though.

Still no sign of any works at the new Edinburgh Newbridge site.

Couldn't see any equipment or parts anywhere.

All the equipment is inside the service centre, behind the customer service desks. They've been there for weeks. I was told last week by one of the staff that work on installing it was due to start last Friday but that's obviously been delayed. I'll pop by over the weekend and see if anything has happened yet.

It is, but it’s 100% CCS, if your X hasn’t had the CCS upgrade it won’t be able to use it, so perhaps that’s why it’s not showing for you?

579CFB65-4330-4A1D-B581-EECF166AE613.jpeg

Last edited:
Dale for Ecotricity tweeted photo of progress of his 12 350 kW chargers at Rugby. Hard to tell if the 12 V3 Superchargers are in the distance. Fair to assume they’re under construction now though...

View attachment 602511
Agreed this should be changed to "under construction" on supercharge.info

Lining up Dale Vince's tweeted photo with the planning drawings (taken from a location the RHS of the map below) there appear to be concrete Supercharger tombstone foundations in the correct location (near the parked car just visible between the high viz jackets). The original plans showed a V2 charger cabinet layout but I'm sure it will be V3 in reality.

From UK Supercharger Site News:

RugbyBayLayout.png

Due to open late 2020/early 2021 (FAQs — Moto | Rugby Services), also job openings in Jan 2021 (UK Supercharger Site News)

Link to tweet for reference: https://twitter.com/DaleVince/status/1320641410580783104?s=20

• Helpful
Reactions: CMc1
Agreed this should be changed to "under construction" on supercharge.info

Lining up Dale Vince's tweeted photo with the planning drawings (taken from a location the RHS of the map below) there appear to be concrete Supercharger tombstone foundations in the correct location (near the parked car just visible between the high viz jackets). The original plans showed a V2 charger cabinet layout but I'm sure it will be V3 in reality.

From UK Supercharger Site News:

View attachment 602513

Due to open late 2020/early 2021 (FAQs — Moto | Rugby Services), also job openings in Jan 2021 (UK Supercharger Site News)

Link to tweet for reference: https://twitter.com/DaleVince/status/1320641410580783104?s=20
Agreed. 4 trees along as per the planning. Although they look like they have small poles/ballades out of each tombstone which I think is slightly unusual.

Not sure why all the EH bays aren’t green though... the rest are painted bay lines.