Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki UK and Ireland Supercharger Site News

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
For the Scottish Highlands IMO the first issue to solve is network resilience

That's true south of the border too IME. Looking on Plugshare the number of owner-reports of recent "not working" is damning. I've only ever needed 3rd party charging as "nice to have", but at a guess I would say that 50% of the time I failed to charge, or it took ages (e.g. phone calls getting them to initiate a charge that I couldn't manage from my Phone APP or similar, plenty of those then resulted in failure too)

Unless I've missed one I think I last posted a "Work in Progress" list on 29-Apr-2018, here's an update
06-Jul-18Woodall Northbound (Permit)
29-Jan-19London - Edgware (Permit)
12-Feb-19Motherwell
11-Feb-19Perth
14-Oct -17Leicester Forest East Northbound M1 J21-21a (Permit)
14-Oct -17Leicester Forest East Southbound M1 J21-21a (Permit)
21-Sep-17Fleet Welcome Break Southbound, M3
21-Mar-17Brighouse Southbound 24-25 M62
21-Mar-17Brighouse Northbound 24-25 M62
.Pending at 29-Apr-2018, Now Open:
22-May-17 - 02-Jul-18Welcome Break Burtonwood, M62
28-Aug-17- 29-Jun-18Membury Welcome Break Eastbound, M4 Hungerford
30-Jul-17 - 27-Jun-18Scotch Corner Holiday Inn Darlington - A1 & A66

[TR]
[/TR]

Are Brighouse and Leicester Forest East still "a thing" ?

not quite matching the promised "expansion of network" expectation of course ...

Are Brighouse and Leicester Forest East still "a thing" ?

Brighouse is built but no power, allegedly due to wayleaves; there's no way to predict when/if that will ever get sorted: it could happen very quickly if it did, but relies on random external factors.

LFE has had no construction and various obstacles which do not appear insurmountable. The original development was in partnership with Cambourne Energy Storage, but they have since gone bust. The construction also requires them to thread a high-voltage cable across the top of the footbridge joining northbound/southbound; there was a rumour that this can only be done with the M1 closed, and that they had missed a window of opportunity when the M1 was being closed for other work.

So it seems likely that Tesla will eventually construct LFE.

Reactions: WannabeOwner
28-Feb-19Chandler's Cross

[TR]
[/TR]

I noticed on one of Bjørn's YouTubes that the Superchargers from Dover to London have been converted to CCS for M3 (he showed a picture of SatNav in M3; only a couple of the ones in Norway remain to be done, and there was good coverage across EU already, so seems that will be in place before M3 gets here. The M3 SatNav only shows CCS-converted Superchargers on the map, which makes sense but is still quite cool)

Last edited:
28-Feb-19Chandler's Cross

[TR]
[/TR]

Spoke with builders at chandlers cross today. Ground works will be complete this Friday 15th March ready for electricians to commission. (He did not know the date for the commissioning)

Attachments

• B4256A05-EA2B-4719-9EF8-E5E668086266.jpeg
    B4256A05-EA2B-4719-9EF8-E5E668086266.jpeg
    833.4 KB · Views: 91
South Mimms services on northern section of m25 has also recently been updated to include some CCS-converted Superchargers. They are marked as ‘model 3 priority’. But only 4 of 12 converted to include CCS - if it stays that way that will be a problem to M3 owners as bays are often busy

Ground works will be complete this Friday 15th March ready for electricians to commission.

Nice to know, thanks, but I'll not hold my breath :) Supposedly Tesla has changed tack to get wayleaves etc. in place before starting physical works, but there are sites where ground works have been completed for months (years even ...) and still landlord/similar is not allowing work to be completed. Hopefully not the case at Chandler's Cross ...

Charnock Richard are getting ready for the Model 3.... .. So far the dual chargers have only been reported as being seen in the south and the reason being for people coming over from Europe. However this is near Preston, Lancashire. 2 of the 12 chargers upgraded.

Attachments

• 20190316_211204.jpg
    20190316_211204.jpg
    357.6 KB · Views: 56
  • Informative
Reactions: Chuq
Just a reminder, there is a Google Sheet where all this info is being tracked: Tracker CCS on Superchargers

@4EVar I updated it with the info you provided.

@Barry Baird I went to update Keele (listed as Stoke-on-Trent in the spreadsheet), but it said that the Southbound site was already done with 4 out of 4 converted? I updated Northbound in any case.
Wow, that is an incredible amount of work. And very thorough – good job :cool:

there is a Google Sheet where all this info is being tracked

I wonder as to the value of that? I'm probably missing something, but it says that 97% of sites have been done (Pat-on-Back Tesla :) ) ... if Tesla had been tardy in upgrading I would see more benefit in the public list. The ones not yet done don't show on SatNav in M3, so no hindrance to M3 drivers. Number of STALLS may be of interest, but not sure there is much you can do with that information - maybe divert to a site with more stalls, when that is an option?

Does the M3 SatNav show "stalls available" appertaining to only the CCS-converted stalls? if so I think that would be the most useful information to me