Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki UK and Ireland Supercharger Site News

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I can get quite an accurate measure of the "stalls available limit" from my end of the country - I just had a look and can see the status of Grantham at 298.7 miles but not Keele at 311.4. So I'd bet on it being 300 miles as the crow flies and as I have a MS 70 it's probably just a notional 300 mile limit for all cars. Now I'm tempted to use upcoming Scottish lockdown-easing freedoms to drive to Peterhead this weekend to see if I can view the live status of Vikeså (Norway): frustratingly it's just out of range at 315 mi from where I am now.
vikesa.jpg

I can see the Norwegian chargers, but only see the stall info when I click on the charger. Otherwise it just shows the lightning bolt.

Non-owner here but drove past Fleet services, North and South-bound, today and both sides seem to have “coming soon“ covers on them. Last time I went past Northbound was operating fine and Southbound had plastic wraps on them due to the long standing power issue.

Weirdly though on the southbound side a Model S was parked in a bay and was plugged in. I’m guessing the owner removed the wrap but I’m wondering how the charger was working if the stalls don’t even have power.

Reactions: Londonb
Non-owner here but drove past Fleet services, North and South-bound, today and both sides seem to have “coming soon“ covers on them. Last time I went past Northbound was operating fine and Southbound had plastic wraps on them due to the long standing power issue.

Weirdly though on the southbound side a Model S was parked in a bay and was plugged in. I’m guessing the owner removed the wrap but I’m wondering how the charger was working if the stalls don’t even have power.
Unfortunately sounds like the Model S was a chancer and doubt they were getting a charge… see below from February

FYI There will be new rumours of activity at Fleet South and the extra bays at Fleet North. We asked the Head of Superchargers to arrange for covers on the tombstones as they might reflect badly on the brand and get damaged further. They’ve just done it so the 12 (S) and extra 4 (N) look smart... but passing owners will likely comment that it is a sign of action. Sadly there’s still no concrete news.

South/West bound is as you say, not opened and has been for a while and this seems unlikely to change from what I can tell.

North/London bound has 8 fully operational superchargers (closest to the corner) and 4 still under cover and have been for as long as I have been watching. So the Model S would have been legitimately charging on one of the open ones.

Definitely not worth it for a pound or two!
Some peope still think like the old ICE petrol stations (remeber them?!?!? lol!) go miles out of the way to save a few quid, some Tesla drivers may still want to go that way.

FWIW I think it's not too bad price wise as it's still below instavolt etc! I would envisage higher price per KWh on high demand/low number supercharger locations - Leeds for example has a higher cost for the 2x V2's at the village M62/J28 than the 8x V3's at the SC just off the M621, I have had the 80% request at the M62 location on the few times i've used it.

Reactions: Roy W. and cezdoc
Some peope still think like the old ICE petrol stations (remeber them?!?!? lol!) go miles out of the way to save a few quid, some Tesla drivers may still want to go that way.

FWIW I think it's not too bad price wise as it's still below instavolt etc! I would envisage higher price per KWh on high demand/low number supercharger locations - Leeds for example has a higher cost for the 2x V2's at the village M62/J28 than the 8x V3's at the SC just off the M621, I have had the 80% request at the M62 location on the few times i've used it.
Not really the right channel to get into a discussion about this but just for info: when comparing prices remember only Tesla charge for the DC delivered to the car not the AC consumed by the charger which anecdotally could be 5-15%, higher in some cases. so you have to add that to the other suppliers prices when comparing to SuC. There are no standards, laws or conventions covering it that I know of. The more the charger wastes as heat the more you pay.!

South/West bound is as you say, not opened and has been for a while and this seems unlikely to change from what I can tell.

North/London bound has 8 fully operational superchargers (closest to the corner) and 4 still under cover and have been for as long as I have been watching. So the Model S would have been legitimately charging on one of the open ones.
I'm heading down that way in a month. Is there a way to get from South to North to charge. It's 20 years since used to commute past there and I thought there was a tunnel but I've forgotten. Perhaps that's another services :)

I'm heading down that way in a month. Is there a way to get from South to North to charge. It's 20 years since used to commute past there and I thought there was a tunnel but I've forgotten. Perhaps that's another services :)
There's the famous (?) Scott Mills footbridge that links the two, but I don't think that's going to be much use to you. ;)

Last edited:
Reactions: exlatccatsa
Other than the afore mentioned footbridge, I am not aware of any user road between the two although there will always be local access but I suspect the barrier is carefully controlled. I don't think its going to save you much even if it was accessible. Driving wise, you need to go up to J5 and come back at it - probably a 5 minute trek each way - much quicker after charging, probably only a minute back to J4a.

Reactions: exlatccatsa
Bridgewater has moved from Q2 2021 to 2023!!!
I was hoping it would be open for the summer. all the southern M5 sites and into Cornwall are old 8 or less site V2's I can see there being some serious congestion in the summer with everyone holidaying in the UK

• Helpful
Reactions: CMc1
Looks like Tesla have updated their Supercharger map. A couple of spot check examples: Ferrybridge moved from Q1 to Q3 2021; Aberystwyth from Q3 to Q2 2021, a new marker for Croydon. Time to dust off the crystal ball again!

[Edit - I missed London Gateway first time around]
Having picked through the list I've found four new markers for Croydon (Q1 2022), Leicester West (2022), London Gateway (Q1 2022) and Winchester (Q1 2022).
The new Leicester Fosse Park East Supercharger marker has disappeared but I speculate it's because Leicester West has accidentally overwritten the link. Apart from this and one of the identical Birch twins I don't think anything else has been removed.

Bridgewater has moved from Q2 2021 to 2023!!!
I was hoping it would be open for the summer. all the southern M5 sites and into Cornwall are old 8 or less site V2's I can see there being some serious congestion in the summer with everyone holidaying in the UK

It looks like there are a number of target schedule changes, I haven't had time to look through them yet though. But that's quite a change in the wrong direction for Bridgewater if you were hoping to charge up there this summer!

Last edited:
Reactions: CMc1