Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki UK and Ireland Supercharger Site News

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yeah been there this morning and still only 4 working. Not sure why??
Maybe I broke it with my epic charging speed? :)

A7FDDA03-4B17-46FC-8A3E-F650AE548C67.png

Yeah been there this morning and still only 4 working. Not sure why??
Based on two data points (Aberdeen and Flint) maybe the V3 charger cabinets are a bit more sensitive - or maybe it's just more obvious because it's four stalls to a cabinet rather than two as was the case for V2.

Looked like the other four have joined a Welsh Druid Chapter
Should the covers be labelled "Second Coming Soon..."? :D

Well after 4 years in the charging wilderness there are works underway at Parc Lodge in Aberystwyth. They defo look like SuC groundworks but no tesla signage visible. Getting quite excited as we haul ourselves into the twenty first century albeit a decade or two late. Will post some photos tomorrow. Does anyone remember the name of Tesla groundwork crews on other sites?

Well after 4 years in the charging wilderness there are works underway at Parc Lodge in Aberystwyth. They defo look like SuC groundworks but no tesla signage visible. Getting quite excited as we haul ourselves into the twenty first century albeit a decade or two late. Will post some photos tomorrow. Does anyone remember the name of Tesla groundwork crews on other sites?
Can you grab some photos next time you’re nearby?

Thanks for the update & great news for mid/west Wales!
Looking back over previous recent installations, I think the ground crew is usually G4E - see e.g. this pic with their logo which is also on the vans if I recall correctly. I found some other pictures of Leeds and Wyboston where the installers had unmarked vans but "RV2 power" on the hi viz vests; I'm guessing they do the final electrics before commissioning.
As always, if taking pictures respect privacy of workers and don't get in the way! But there's lots of us eagerly awaiting further updates, myself included...
Can you grab some photos next time you’re nearby?
@PB1975 - so excited you missed the "will post some photos tomorrow" bit of @simonmj66 's update? :D

Last edited:
Reactions: PB1975
Dynamic pricing now in place in the U.K. at Canary Wharf to the disgruntlement of a Facebook user in the owners club.
Most of my long journeys are late at night anyway so suits me perfectly!

Seems a bit mad driving into Canary Wharf area - London is better suited to using public transport or cycling. I guess the people who do are generally wealthier and are a fringe use-case so in my mind I think it's fine to charge a bit more. Really, you shouldn't be driving in London unless you have specific mobility issues or security issues.

Reactions: ringi
View attachment 661669
Dynamic pricing now in place in the U.K. at Canary Wharf to the disgruntlement of a Facebook user in the owners club.
Most of my long journeys are late at night anyway so suits me perfectly!
Noticed this on Monday as I was at Sidcup then Hillingdon - went to Heathrow supercharger which is 20p/kWh. There does seem to be a large upwards trend in pricing recently.

Well, I've got to go to Heathrow tomorrow for the first time in months and I'm quite liking the new dynamic pricing if this is anything to go by! Does anyone know if you need to register if over 30 minutes (unlikely I know!) thanks?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    975.3 KB · Views: 51
Well, I've got to go to Heathrow tomorrow for the first time in months and I'm quite liking the new dynamic pricing if this is anything to go by! Does anyone know if you need to register if over 30 minutes (unlikely I know!) thanks?
No need to register as hotel is being used for covid quarantine - you can't go in the hotel, and the gate automatically lifted without placing my ticket in the machine

Reactions: m3gt2
Guildford Service Cente Supercharger update: site had a visit from the Supercharger team this week to assess suitability. Sounding promising with likely location on site identified and it looks large enough for 8 bays. Next they will be assessing getting power to that location. 🤞🏼

Reactions: CMc1 and cezdoc