Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki UK and Ireland Supercharger Site News

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That looks like a mistake. I think there may be some coming at the service centre nearby on the other side of the M3.

I’d agree. The service centre is also just off Easton Lane, just not the area where the marker is. It’s where the red dot is. I hadn’t noticed the other marker by the station before, is that also happening or another possibly misplaced one for the service centre?

DD970ED8-6009-477F-8100-8BF5A7DDD8C4.jpeg

• Helpful
Reactions: CMc1
I’d agree. The service centre is also just off Easton Lane, just not the area where the marker is. It’s where the red dot is. I hadn’t noticed the other marker by the station before, is that also happening or another possibly misplaced one for the service centre?

View attachment 676769
I feel that we would have already caught progress if it was up and running at the Service centre. So maybe an premature update on the Tesla site (not the first time) or the installation has been carried out elsewhere, nearby.

PS the postcode on the Tesla site is the same as the service centre’s.

There was certainly talk here of superchargers at the Winchester SC a while ago, possibly from someone talking with the staff, but no planning permission application that I can find. Nor anything at the station either.

I’m in Winchester and in vicinity of the SC every so often, will try and remember to call in and ask next time.

Have though just found this approved planning application in Winchester from a couple of months ago that I wasn’t aware of before. It’s for a new multi-storey car park that will have 16 EV bays, but no idea if any will be Tesla superchargers. It will be adjacent to the current Barfield Park and Ride car park, not near either of the current suggested pins in the Tesla map.

Last edited:
  • Helpful
Reactions: CMc1 and cezdoc
Have though just found this approved planning application in Winchester from a couple of months ago that I wasn’t aware of before. It’s for a new multi-storey car park that will have 16 EV bays, but no idea if any will be Tesla superchargers. It will be adjacent to the current Barfield Park and Ride car park, not near either of the current suggested pins in the Tesla map.

Note the best photo, but I swung by a few hours earlier. No changes down the side of the Service Centre (The only location that has parking/ideal for Superchargers). So I imagine the map update is a fluke.
Screenshot_1.jpg

Reactions: cezdoc and Masklin
Nice! How is this car park normally, does it get quite busy?

It’s weIl used but I don’t think it gets actually full. The Superchargers are at the very far end, in a sort of odd left-over bit of parking: the bit behind the service building is nominally short-stay for meet-and-greet (its a major bus interchange as well as P&R), but the Superchargers are beyond that.

It’s not obvious how best to get at them coming from the motorway: either you go into the carpark entrance, all the way round and out the exit, then turn left when the way out is turning you right towards the roundabout; or you go in the entrance slip, ignore the carpark entrance and go straight ahead where it says bus only; or you stay on the road into town and turn at the 2nd set of traffic lights.

Either way, once you catch sight of them you need to do a loop round inside the parking area, if you get on the other side of the kerb where the stalls are, that’s the HGV access to the John Lewis warehouse and has no access to the parking area.

Not many local amenities; the service building has toilets but no actual shops; there’s a Waitrose (with cafe) about 5 minutes walk down a service road parallel to the main road. Or the aforementioned warehouse if you need a fridge….

Another example of unreliable information on Tesla Find Us UK is two of the Bristol superchargers - at the time of writing Cribbs Causeway is listed as 6 x 150 kW and Lysander Road (SC) as 2 x 150 kW. It should be the other way around, plus I think the two V2 at Cribbs are 130 kW.

That said, reports are coming in (Superchargers App, TOGUK) that the 12 new V3 superchargers at Cribbs Causeway are now live (it's not updated on the Nav yet as far as I can tell). Maybe this will prompt Tesla to fix the website entry at the same time...

• Informative
Reactions: CMc1
Adderstone, North Greenwich and Braintree (still) closed on Map

Reduced service at Brent Cross, Birchanger Green and Nottingham Service centre

Bristol - Cribbs Causeway: Model 3 Nav now shows 14 stalls @ 130 kW max (should be 250 kW)

• Informative
Reactions: cezdoc