TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

UK Supercharger Site News

Discussion in 'The UK and Ireland' started by WannabeOwner, May 22, 2017.

1. Asterix187

Asterix187 Member

Based on the Chandler Cross pics I wonder how they are expecting cars to get to the other side set of chargers? There doesn't seem to be any access to them????

2. Beady3647

Beady3647 Member

Looks like there is a drive through at the far end of the chargers

3. GPMX

GPMX Member

Hi,
    A question from a Dutchman:

Looking at the Tesla Supercharger map, I noticed there are not too many Superchargers in the UK yet and that we are spoiled here...

Next week I have to pick up someone from Leeds Bradford Airport on a trip Hull-LBA-Bridlington-Hull. Since the Leeds SuC only has 2 stalls, should I count on waiting and slow charging around 9 am on Wednesday?

Thanks!

4. cezdoc

cezdoc Member

I'm not local but I do remember reading that the Leeds SuC is often very busy as there are no other SuC's in the area and it is next to a gym (so it's tempting for locals to use it to "fill up" while visiting the hotel/gym, but not so good for long distance travellers). Maybe someone with more local knowledge will advise on how busy it's likely to be at 9.00 on a Wednesday.

If you have a CHAdeMO adapter there are several other options including a few Instavolt chargers on your route. These are not exactly cheap but you don't need an app or account, just a credit/debit card to use them.

5. WannabeOwner

WannabeOwner Active Member

ABRP seems to say you can do the roundtrip in an MS 75 ... might that work? Anything better than a 75 will have range to spare, but an MX75 might be tight

A Better Routeplanner

6. GPMX

GPMX Member

Thanks! I have an X100, and ABPR is usually pretty on the safe side for me. But the Rotterdam side of the ferry terminal is about 55 km from the nearest SuC. So with the extra 110 km, I don’t think I can make it without charging. I)ll have to try my luck in Leeds..

Thanks!
    Are all public chargers CHAdeMO, no type 2?

7. WannabeOwner

You will find Type-2 OK (most likely only 7kW though) ... but you are likely to need the appropriate APP for that "Brand".

Plugshare is probably your best resource, or possibly ZapMap

8. NorfolkMustard

I was there on 7th April - still all under wraps - none online yet.

Here's a pic from then.

IMG_2125.jpg

• Informative x 1
  9. squarepeg77

squarepeg77 Member

Thanks.

Fleet south/westbound doesn’t seem to appear on the Tesla website either, which is strange.

I think this is a really useful location (along with Leicester Forest and Ferrybridge....)

10. WannabeOwner

Was at South Mimms today, sorry if this had already been mentioned. ALL the stalls were double-hose and CCS-ready. Perhaps they did that originally? If not they've been back and converted the "couple of stalls", which I have seen elsewhere, to "all stalls" and that is to be the new norm?

11. NorfolkMustard

Fleet/M3 eastbound still only has 2/8 updated for CCS. Another 4 stalls under wraps as of 7th April

• Helpful x 1
  12. NorfolkMustard

Fleet services eastbound @ 7th April 2019

[​IMG]

13. IanMcL

IanMcL Member

I used Charnock Richard northbound this morning and noticed the ramp, stopping access from the southbound drive through route, was flat. Not sure whether it was just for a short time or Sunday. I was there charging for only 25 mins max.

One to keep an eye on, perhaps.

• Like x 1
  14. NorthEastUk

NorthEastUk Member

Is Leicester forest active yet?

15. jonnowocky

jonnowocky Member

EBA8410E-5274-4DAF-8C5F-1582E602C80A.jpeg 44D241DF-E5C3-4226-B9C7-5B07B2304822.jpeg I’ve just stopped in at the Hunton Park Hotel / Chandler Cross location and here it is, 16 bays. I live minutes away so this is a plus, it’s also a beautiful location to be in. Can anyone estimate a completion time from these shots?

16. NorfolkMustard

Each site can be different. The fleet services southbound has been essentially complete for about a year I think, but not open yet and no visible progress/change in that time.

17. WannabeOwner

Unless you don't have off-street parking? I'm not seeing a reason why a local charger is useful?

• Like x 1
  18. IanMcL

IanMcL Member

Swift, possibly free charging?

19. Mark_T

Mark_T Member

It's handy if you don't routinely recharge the car every day just-in-case...

For me it completes a ring of Supercharges all within 20 miles of me and on all the major roads and directions I'd be likely to head in from home.

20. jonnowocky

jonnowocky Member

Haha, point taken - but mainly:

1) I have been known to be forgetful
    2) I've not yet decided where I will fit a home charger
    2) My scheduling / work is pretty erratic and having a sudden full charge very close at hand is a nice peace-of-mind buffer