TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

UK Supercharger Site News

Discussion in 'The UK and Ireland' started by WannabeOwner, May 22, 2017.

1. Chuq

Chuq Active Member

That's OK, sorted now :)

• Like x 1
  2. NorfolkMustard

I was just about to say - someone's added it for you :)

3. mightygeorge

mightygeorge Member

#383 mightygeorge, May 27, 2019
    Last edited: May 27, 2019
    So I take it that this is the Ipswich Supercharger that I have been waiting for since 2017. Slightly out of place and a bit delayed but great news nonetheless!

4. WannabeOwner

WannabeOwner Active Member

Looks like it is there now :)

EDIT: Sorry, didn't see earlier post until I saved this. No idea why ...

5. WannabeOwner

Proposed sites bare little resemblance to actual sites. Tesla have been mucked about by landlords in the past, so now sites may be chosen even by "first to complete the red tape". Ditto with dates ... it seems getting a site to the point that it can move to construction can take ages ... and there are also sites which have the stalls all installed and are not yet live - because Landlord has decided they want an arm-and-leg. Those sites have been "complete" for well over a year ...

6. Mr. PlugShare

Mr. PlugShare Mr. PlugShare

New photo of Sindlesham on PlugShare. 16 stalls. 4E761228-47CB-4572-A4FE-3F34DCE16163.jpeg

• Like x 2
  7. Rob R

Rob R Member

This is poor. This one was announced same time as Perth Broxden, but Broxden has been open for ages. Who is messing about? Landlord, Tesla, Local Authority, Electricity company (Scottish Power?). Anyone know?

• Like x 1
  8. DJP31

DJP31 Active Member

Missing off your list of possible suspects is any landowner over whose land power cables need to run, who see a big payday (or one in particular at another site who is apparently simply refusing). The least likely culprit is Tesla themselves.

Fleet southbound has been ready, visually at least, for a couple of years and still isn't live. I think there's a third where one of the parties has gone bust. :(

• Informative x 1
    • Like x 1
  9. cezdoc

cezdoc Member

Back in January a local owner who regularly speaks to Tesla said they were planning Perth Q1 and Eurocentral Q2. So rather than being poor, so far it seems to be following that plan - and the same source said that there might be more activity at Eurocentral soon(TM).

I'm speculating now but presumably it saved on costs to have one team do the groundworks at Perth and Eurocentral at the same time even though Tesla knew that the power supply at Eurocentral wouldn't be available until Q2.

Disclaimer: reliable sources for news about Supercharger network developments are as rare as unicorns ;)

• Like x 4
    • Informative x 2
  10. IanMcL

IanMcL Member

Euro central appears to be near the Strathclyde Country Park. I am there in July. Very handy.

11. ediflyer

ediflyer Member

Yep it's only about quarter of an hour away - "Dakota Hotel Eurocentral" is the best term to find the upcoming SuC on Google Maps.

Google Maps

• Like x 1
  12. WannabeOwner

Its a 35 minute round trip (unless you happen to be passing of course ...) There are 4x 7Kw Type-2 in the adjacent Watersports Centre.(needs CYC, but that's pretty universal for Scotland) so would just be short walk from Strathclyde Country Park

• Informative x 1
    • Like x 1
  13. IanMcL

IanMcL Member

Fort William in the west, would be grand!

14. TimK

TimK Member

Elveden Supercharges being upgraded on Tuesday (28th May 2019) for Model 3 CCS compatibility. 6 of 8 completed when I took this picture.

Attached Files:

• Informative x 2
  15. NorfolkMustard

Grantham news. One of the existing 8 stalls (nearest the trench dug for the expansion work noted earlier) is currently unavailable/behind a temporary fence.

16. LeopoldLuckan

LeopoldLuckan New Member

Is there any information on the Supercharger based at Leicester Forest East?

It's been in the pipeline, since 2017.

17. DJP31

DJP31 Active Member

Last rumour I saw from a pretty reliable source was don’t hold your breath. Something to do with power supply problems and a strong likelihood the services are moving to another site.

• Like x 1
  18. davidmc

davidmc Member

I pass the Leicester southbound every evening going home from work and did pass through the services last week. The Costa/Starbuck (sorry can not remember which coffee brand) is nearly finished with what looks like charging spaces (looks like approx 6nr) to it but only cables popping out the ground at the pavement end to each bay, although I can not confirm if they are for SC. I can pass through tonight as it seems to be moving fast in terms of construction and confirm if there are any better updates. I'll try and do a drive by photoshooting for you!

19. floppyarms

floppyarms New Member

What was the verdict David? Very keen for LFE SuC!!