Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki UK and Ireland Supercharger Site News

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Slightly out of place

Proposed sites bare little resemblance to actual sites. Tesla have been mucked about by landlords in the past, so now sites may be chosen even by "first to complete the red tape". Ditto with dates ... it seems getting a site to the point that it can move to construction can take ages ... and there are also sites which have the stalls all installed and are not yet live - because Landlord has decided they want an arm-and-leg. Those sites have been "complete" for well over a year ...

New photo of Sindlesham on PlugShare. 16 stalls.
4E761228-47CB-4572-A4FE-3F34DCE16163.jpeg

Photos from Glasgow Eurocentral/Dakota Supercharger from about 10 days ago (planned opening date still unknown)...
View media item 119791View media item 119790View media item 119789View media item 119788View media item 119787View media item 119786View media item 119785
This is poor. This one was announced same time as Perth Broxden, but Broxden has been open for ages. Who is messing about? Landlord, Tesla, Local Authority, Electricity company (Scottish Power?). Anyone know?

Reactions: ediflyer
This is poor. This one was announced same time as Perth Broxden, but Broxden has been open for ages. Who is messing about? Landlord, Tesla, Local Authority, Electricity company (Scottish Power?). Anyone know?

Missing off your list of possible suspects is any landowner over whose land power cables need to run, who see a big payday (or one in particular at another site who is apparently simply refusing). The least likely culprit is Tesla themselves.

Fleet southbound has been ready, visually at least, for a couple of years and still isn't live. I think there's a third where one of the parties has gone bust. :(

Back in January a local owner who regularly speaks to Tesla said they were planning Perth Q1 and Eurocentral Q2. So rather than being poor, so far it seems to be following that plan - and the same source said that there might be more activity at Eurocentral soon(TM).

I'm speculating now but presumably it saved on costs to have one team do the groundworks at Perth and Eurocentral at the same time even though Tesla knew that the power supply at Eurocentral wouldn't be available until Q2.

Disclaimer: reliable sources for news about Supercharger network developments are as rare as unicorns ;)

Last rumour I saw from a pretty reliable source was don’t hold your breath. Something to do with power supply problems and a strong likelihood the services are moving to another site.

I pass the Leicester southbound every evening going home from work and did pass through the services last week. The Costa/Starbuck (sorry can not remember which coffee brand) is nearly finished with what looks like charging spaces (looks like approx 6nr) to it but only cables popping out the ground at the pavement end to each bay, although I can not confirm if they are for SC. I can pass through tonight as it seems to be moving fast in terms of construction and confirm if there are any better updates. I'll try and do a drive by photoshooting for you!

I pass the Leicester southbound every evening going home from work and did pass through the services last week. The Costa/Starbuck (sorry can not remember which coffee brand) is nearly finished with what looks like charging spaces (looks like approx 6nr) to it but only cables popping out the ground at the pavement end to each bay, although I can not confirm if they are for SC. I can pass through tonight as it seems to be moving fast in terms of construction and confirm if there are any better updates. I'll try and do a drive by photoshooting for you!
What was the verdict David? Very keen for LFE SuC!!