Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki UK and Ireland Supercharger Site News

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Curious whether anyone here can confirm if Brighouse NB and SB are actually still under construction. Same for Fleet Southbound

According to supercharge.info, they've been under construction for 858 and 674 days respectively. What is their current status?

upload_2019-7-27_15-38-35.png

Fleet southbound has ALL the tesla furniture finished, has done for the majority of those 674 days. We have heard on the apocryphal grapevine that it's recently been decided to give up and cannibalise it for other sites. Officially it's "Target opening by end of 2019"

Here it is at the end of April 2019

IMG_2125.jpg

Curious whether anyone here can confirm if Brighouse NB and SB are actually still under construction. Same for Fleet Southbound

According to supercharge.info, they've been under construction for 858 and 674 days respectively. What is their current status?

View attachment 434775

Brigarse, both directions, has been complete in terms of having all the stalls in place for about 2 years. They are not powered and have never been powered.

The Northbound side (which is actually Eastbound - it's an East-West highway and the North/South naming is incorrect and confusing) has had the stalls partially vandalised and/or damaged by weather. It would need repair in order to open, and the cables are missing from the stalls. The "Southbound" (Westbound) side looks 100% complete.

The rectifier cabinets, which have been in place for about 2 years, but cold and unpowered, are beginning to rust. On a working installation, the heat of the equipment seems to help keep the typically-awful Tesla steel from rusting. In the damp Yorkshire climate, and without any warmth, the rot is setting in.

Fleet southbound has ALL the tesla furniture finished, has done for the majority of those 674 days. We have heard on the apocryphal grapevine that it's recently been decided to give up and cannibalise it for other sites. Officially it's "Target opening by end of 2019"

Here it is at the end of April 2019

View attachment 434780

Brigarse, both directions, has been complete in terms of having all the stalls in place for about 2 years. They are not powered and have never been powered.

The Northbound side (which is actually Eastbound - it's an East-West highway and the North/South naming is incorrect and confusing) has had the stalls partially vandalised and/or damaged by weather. It would need repair in order to open, and the cables are missing from the stalls. The "Southbound" (Westbound) side looks 100% complete.

The rectifier cabinets, which have been in place for about 2 years, but cold and unpowered, are beginning to rust. On a working installation, the heat of the equipment seems to help keep the typically-awful Tesla steel from rusting. In the damp Yorkshire climate, and without any warmth, the rot is setting in.

Yikes. What a sad situation. We can rename them in Supercharge.info easily enough if that'd be preferred but that, obviously, won't help them get powered up.

Reactions: zap fizzle
You can just download the app and set up a Direct Debit, for any charges. Most are free to use though.

Hi, sorry for sounding stupid but I am going to be (hopefully) ordering a M3P any moment now and am interested with your comment. Do you say the Supercharger last are generally free because you have an S or X with free charging or are you talking about another charging network/app? Thanks

They are talking about Chargeplace Scotland chargers, operated by Charge Your Car (CYC). Chargeplace Scotland chargers are almost all free currently. If you live in England (it seems you do) then you can get a CYC RFID, or register on their App, and you can use the Scottish chargers (and the English ones, but they are not generally free). All, I believe, are 50 kW chargers, so much slower than Superchargers.
Superchargers are 24p per kWh unless you have free charging on some basis. You can get at least 1000 free miles by using a referral code, which every current owner has, and are widely touted.

They are talking about Chargeplace Scotland chargers, operated by Charge Your Car (CYC). Chargeplace Scotland chargers are almost all free currently. If you live in England (it seems you do) then you can get a CYC RFID, or register on their App, and you can use the Scottish chargers (and the English ones, but they are not generally free). All, I believe, are 50 kW chargers, so much slower than Superchargers.
Superchargers are 24p per kWh unless you have free charging on some basis. You can get at least 1000 free miles by using a referral code, which every current owner has, and are widely touted.

Thank you, I just wondered if I was missing something! I guess it would be useful if you had a road trip to Scotland :)

Just to clarify:

Time limited to be used by new owner within 6 months

1,000 miles @ 333wH/mile = 333kWh @ £0.24p is £80 ... not exactly significant

(if I have done my maths correctly ...M3 should get more miles than that, I have no idea how Tesla converts "1,000 miles" to kWh)

It costs no-one anything though and you get the £80 of miles yourself too, so it's foolish to miss out.

Just to clarify:

Time limited to be used by new owner within 6 months

1,000 miles @ 333wH/mile = 333kWh @ £0.24p is £80 ... not exactly significant

(if I have done my maths correctly ...M3 should get more miles than that, I have no idea how Tesla converts "1,000 miles" to kWh)

So for the free miles do they assume a total of 333kWh or do they monitor your personal average?