TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

UK Supercharger Site News

Discussion in 'The UK and Ireland' started by WannabeOwner, May 22, 2017.

1. DJP31

DJP31 Active Member

#41 DJP31, Sep 8, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 8, 2017
    IMG_1083.JPG NEW: 8 bays under construction at Old Thorns Hotel just off the A3 at Liphook

• Like x 1
  2. mrkisskiss

mrkisskiss Member

Looks like they've added more stations to the map, including Brighton etc...

I wonder if these are the new "Urban Superchargers" (72kw ones) - this would be in line with the comment that they are going to push for 40 new superchargers in the UK by the end of 2018 (probably mostly urban/city ones). Still, it's all good news.

3. DJP31

DJP31 Active Member

The extension at Darts Farm is now OPEN :)

4. uniqueusername

IMG_5141.JPG
    Fleet services today - looking close! Lord knows the south east could use some Supercharger love. Cobham services on M25 would be awesome...

• Like x 2
  5. DJP31

DJP31 Active Member

They've been like that for ages. Someone on the FB group who doesn't want to reveal his source says they will be opening some time this week.

6. T3sla UK

T3sla UK Member

Definitely need something at Cobham or Gatwick or both. Also now the one is gone from M3 Sainsbury's does anyone one know what's happening down that stretch of the M3

7. WannabeOwner

WannabeOwner Well-Known Member

21-Sep

Fleet Services West/Southbound Construction started (Supercharger Info)

M3 J4a-J5

(Fleet Services East/Northbound still showing as Construction)

8. DJP31

DJP31 Active Member

A new one at Aviemore opened this morning.

McDonalds Highland Hotel.

15E6A9FB-0E93-45E5-B3E6-EAB9345D175F.jpeg

• Like x 1
  9. WannabeOwner

Not on Tesla's website as yet ... that caused me to do a recce:

Tesla site is showing some as "Coming soon" which were not there "some time ago" (can't remember when I took my previous copy)

Brighton
    Derby
    Dorchester
    Gloucester
    Hull
    Ipswich
    Perth
    Ross-on-Wye
    Stirling

Supercharger Info has the follow as in construction ... are the really old ones real?

21-Sep Fleet Welcome Break Southbound, M3
    28-Aug Membury Welcome Break Eastbound, M4 Hungerford
    30-Jul Scotch Corner Holiday Inn Darlington - A1 & A66
    18-Jun Tebay Services Westmorland Place Southbound Orton
    18-Jun Welcome break northbound Keele / Stoke-on-Trent M6
    22-May Welcome Break Burtonwood, M62
    21-May Welcome Break Membury Services Westbound M4 Hungerford
    21-May Welcome Break Telford M54
    06-May Welcome Break Fleet Northbound, M3
    21-Mar Brighouse Southbound 24-25 M62
    21-Mar Brighouse Northbound 24-25 M62

10. DJP31

DJP31 Active Member

I think the old ones, e.g. Crawley, are probably better described as inspirational rather than real.

The new ones, e.g Ipswich and Brighton have a target date of end of 2018 so I’m taking the whole shooting match as inspirational until groundworks and boxes are reported on site somewhere

There’s no doubt they are ramping up the installations, and not just here, Europe is seeing an expansion too.

It’s very frustrating when a site seems complete, e.g. Fleet north has looked ready for pretty much the whole summer and was rumoured to go live last week. It didn’t.

Mind you it’s not just Tesla. There’s a new Chargemaster/Polar two post installation near me that is showing as live on the map, but has been fenced off for least the last two months. My enquiries as to what the hold up is has drawn a blank.

Exciting times though!

• Like x 1
  11. cezdoc

cezdoc Member

Yes, the "new for 2018" pins appeared two weeks ago. I keep a watch on stuff up north and pins in the Perth and Stirling area have appeared in the past (at one time Tesla kept it vague by just showing them on maps but now they attribute specific locations to each pin) so as DJP31 says they could just be an aspiration. Note also that the extra Birmingham "coming soon" pin disappeared after the Hopwood Park expansion came online.

Yes: all of the sites under construction on supercharge.info are real - photos of each site have been posted on the Supercharger app. At present they haven't added Liphook although I'm sure they have been provided with the location information. Delays are apparently related to getting connection to the grid and/or agreeing wayleaves with landowners.

Stoke-on-Trent - Northbound appears to have 6 of 8 chargers live (a few people have posted photos of their cars charging) although at time of writing it isn't appearing on the in-car Nav or Tesla.com. Tesla.com is lagging behind a bit - usually they update the website within a few hours of a site going live but Aviemore isn't on there yet despite appearing on the Nav yesterday morning.

• Like x 1
  12. arg

arg Supporting Member

Usually the nav is the most accurate source; tesla.com seems to get updated manually and is often a few days behind. Forums/supercharge.info can sometimes be optimistic: there have been cases of people successfully getting a charge and declaring it "open" while not officially shown, when in fact Tesla was still testing and ended up switching everything off again because some detail was not right.

• Like x 1
  13. mrkisskiss

mrkisskiss Member

Stoke-on-Trent Northbound (Keele services) appears to be live now on Tesla.com - finally! 8 bays

• Like x 1
  14. NAALSET

NAALSET Member

Sounds like Telford now open?

15. WannabeOwner

Inverness is no longer showing (on Tesla site) as "Coming soon"

16. DJP31

DJP31 Active Member

I guess the McDonald hotel is that one.

17. WannabeOwner

Didn't think of that, thanks. That's a bit like Ryanair's idea of where an airport is!

18. WannabeOwner

Now in Supercharger Info :)

01-Oct

Old Thorns Manor Hotel, Liphook A3 Construction

30-Sep

Supercharger Info showing as Open and now also on the Tesla website

19. WannabeOwner

03-Oct

Tebay Southbound Supercharger, Penrith OPEN (Supercharger Info and Tesla Website)

M6 J39-J38. 8 Superchargers

20. Tevvy

Tevvy Member

HULL!!!! Amazing if that's true. However, when you zoom in on the pin it looks to be in someones house in a heavily populated residential area! So I'm guessing they've not finalised the location yet......roll on 2018!