Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki UK and Ireland Supercharger Site News

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Sorry, no idea, but they are only accessible at the Departure end (although there is one outside the terminal at the Calais end, although not exactly en route)

Is it possible to look on the Dashboard Map and see the "stalls free" info for a site that is physically a long way away from you?

I have a feeling that info is restricted to locations local to you (because people were screen-scraping it) ... but given the size of UK maybe Kent is local to anywhere else in UK?!

Hmmm ... this one has disappeared from Supercharger Info ...

Chat on another forum suggests this was a spurious entry caused by someone filing a report to supercharge.info based only on the pin in Tesla's "coming 2018" map. Suprecharge.info have therefore removed it as entries there are meant to be supported by finding planning applications or activity on site.

I am putting this here as more people will see it FYI.

The Superchargers at the Aire d'Urvillers Services on the A26 way down to Reims (a standard route for the Alps) are accessible Southbound as well as North. My car would not accept them as a stop when working out the route as there is only set of buildings situated on the Northbound side with a bridge over from the Southbound carriageway.

The super chargers at Burton wood services in Warrington are mostly built by the looks of it caught a look today all in bubble wrap and got me even more convinced I should buy an x and not wait for 3 especially as I live very close to service and drive past it every day :)

The super chargers at Burton wood services in Warrington are mostly built by the looks of it caught a look today all in bubble wrap and got me even more convinced I should buy an x and not wait for 3 especially as I live very close to service and drive past it every day :)

Given the huge difference in price between the X and 3 that’s man maths at its best ;)

The trouble is that just because they are in bubble wrap does not mean that activation is imminent. One member of this forum posted a picture on 19th September 2017 of the chargers at Fleet Services on the M3 in bubble wrap....they are still not activated!
Does anyone know of a person/address that we can approach to find out likely activation dates for these variously 'finished' installations?

Does anyone know of a person/address that we can approach to find out likely activation dates for these variously 'finished' installations?

Probably some general info will be given out at the Clubhouse sessions that are scheduled over the next couple of weeks (I will report back anything relevant). However, typically they are held up by third parties outside Tesla's control, and they aren't going to spill details of tricky legal negotiations (over wayleaves and the like), and are generally loath to pass on estimates which later turn out optimistic.

One member of this forum posted a picture on 19th September 2017 of the chargers at Fleet Services on the M3 in bubble wrap....they are still not activated!

From my Notes of SuperchargerInfo data that work started:

21-Sep Fleet Welcome Break Southbound, M3
06-May Welcome Break Fleet Northbound, M3

... at this rate I'm going to have to add a YEAR to the date column :(

especially as I live very close to service and drive past it every day

I'm not sure that calculation is worthwhile ... but of course up to each person.

Charging speed will become reduced if frequently Supercharged (I can't remember how many such charges it takes; Bjorn has a YouTube about it [from when he had his battery replaced and he compared New/Old/Replaced battery supercharging rates)

Here in UK if using E7 electricity the differential of cheaper Night rate, compared to Petrol, I think makes it hard to justify sitting & waiting at a Supercharger.

The last time I did some Calcs charging at home (on E7 tarrif) was £100 a month cheaper than Petrol for each 10,000 miles driven annually.

I periodically post the start dates for various unfinished Supercharger installations. Last update I posted was at the start of January ... doesn't make for very good reading I'm afraid. Given that some installations open within a very short time I cannot believe that these delays are of Tesla's making, and I wonder how the "relationship" between Tesla and Welcome Break is panning out given the time-to-open of some of these ...

UK Supercharger Site News

The last time I did some Calcs charging at home (on E7 tarrif) was £100 a month cheaper than Petrol for each 10,000 miles driven annually

I’m often asked how much it costs to run the car, my reply is it’s about 20p a mile in petrol for an average car compared to 3p a mile on E7 leccy. For balance I do then point out that’s the only bit of the maths that makes economic sense.

Given the huge difference in price between the X and 3 that’s man maths at its best ;)

Yeah, to be fair I initially wanted an x then thought “Oo the model 3, that’s gonna be cheap, I’ll wait and save myself a wedge” then I drove an X and now there is only one thing on my mind... I’m working hard to make the man maths work to be a reality. TBH the more you look at the price the more normal it appears.

Was gonna buy an f-pace or a velar but then realised EV and Tesla is the future

Reactions: M4guy and DJP31
I’ll wait

Yeah, but presumably you didn't know, at that time, how slow the Elon-Time-Clock ticks? :rolleyes:

I don't know anything about it, but won't the i-pace be available soon?

Personally I'd still want a Tesla. No idea if ICE manufacturers can get EV right-first-time and also as-good-as-Tesla-is-now - although need to compare both included-Toys and Build/Service Quality

TBH... I’m a Petrol head, I like fast cars and love my 3.5L V6 which is whizzy in comparison to most UK cars on the road, one day I wanted to get something with a V8 but of late I’m just disillusioned with ICE and every car manufacture!

I’ve been a massive Nissan fan for years but my only option is to go from driving an xtrail and zed to a leaf and whilst I like the leaf, it’s never gonna satisfy me.

I’ve spent a fair amount of time looking for my next car and most spent at the more luxury brands so I could get something that’s SUV feel but with bigger ICE but again I’m left feeling empty nothing gets me excited then I started to take a serious look at Tesla and other EV’s and it seems that all traditional makers are too focused on hybrids which have pathetic range as an EV and I think “right now” the only choice for anyone thinking seriously of making the move to EV is a Tesla or the new leaf and even that could do with bigger battery, I know there’s are other smaller EVs out there but for me they are not an option

Lastly toys... car toys are becoming like the latest Samsung or Apple phone “disappointing” of all the cars I’ve looked at Tesla again was the only one where I thought “that’s cool”

The I-pace may be a decent car but I doubt it will ever come close to a model x.