Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki UK and Ireland Supercharger Site News

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
2500 M3 miles so far and zero supercharging so not at all an expert at all but I thought the first person at a pair of superchargers got priority so when the second person arrived in your pair at Keele i thought they should get slow charging but it should not affect you i.e. they get whatever spare capacity exists until you leave then they become the primary. Is that not correct? Have I got it wrong or is there something odd with that site?
Also happened to me at Scotch Corner. M3P charging at 128kW, model S started charging on my pair and mine dropped to 48kW. I then moved to another freshly vacated pair and my rate went back to 120kW.

2500 M3 miles so far and zero supercharging so not at all an expert at all but I thought the first person at a pair of superchargers got priority so when the second person arrived in your pair at Keele i thought they should get slow charging but it should not affect you i.e. they get whatever spare capacity exists until you leave then they become the primary. Is that not correct? Have I got it wrong or is there something odd with that site?
That was also my understanding...

That has certainly happened to me for example Bristol Cribbs Causeway, where I got about 15kw, so gave up.

At Keele I got 25kw initially. This improved after a short time, i do think there is a rebalancing, when one vehicle is at an advanced charge. However, when the vehicles plugged in, yesterday, each time, my charge was reduced, as described. Made it a very long charge.

A few folks on twitter reporting upcoming Supercharger roadmap has been rolled out. Can anyone confirm? I don’t see any changes, bar dates.

Seems may have been some changes - Woodall M1 northbound no longer listed/on-the-map at all (was "coming soon" I think?)
https://www.tesla.com/en_GB/findus?...XR, UK&location=woodallsouthboundsupercharger

Newport Pagnell M1 Northbound on the map coming soon - couldn't see it on supercharge.info - is it new?
https://www.tesla.com/en_GB/findus?..., UK&location=newportpagnellnoruksupercharger

Leicester Forest East coming-soon - only one pin now, for southbound - sc.info has one for northbound too - N/B removed?
https://www.tesla.com/en_GB/findus?..., UK&location=leicestersouthboundsupercharger

It’s a myth. I Supercharger 4 times a week, usually in peak times, and have done nearly 15k. Rate is ALWAYS affected when another car starts to charge in a shared stall. I’ve previously posted a copy of charge speed graphs to back this up, in this thread. Seems to get shot down.
I’m not sure why people think that speeds are not affected when another car turns up...

You do keep the priority/higher speed, but it’s not the full speed you’d get if it was only you there.

Unfortunately been like that a while....

The SuC map pin location for Woodall NB is titled Perth. So maybe a typo as it’s listed twice in the list (one marked as coming soon). Unless there’s a place called Perth near Woodall....

it’s worth noting that Woodall North is no longer listed on Tesla’s website as “coming soon”. It’s been removed.

• Helpful
Reactions: NorfolkMustard
There’s plenty of space near the P&J Live arena and that would be a great location as long as they don’t put it too close.

Since you are in Aberdeen you have probably seen the morass that is the traffic all the way out the A96 at busy periods, I think the immediate P&J Live area is best avoided. There is nowhere in the city centre that would want more traffic, more so now Union Street pedestrianisation looms. The new bypass would be about right, but it doesn't really come within about seven miles of the centre which isn't that great either. I'd suggest the Craibstone junction of the AWPR, but not directly off the A96 if you want to charge and get home in the same day. I haven't seen any more definite news or updates on this?

Since you are in Aberdeen you have probably seen the morass that is the traffic all the way out the A96 at busy periods, I think the immediate P&J Live area is best avoided. There is nowhere in the city centre that would want more traffic, more so now Union Street pedestrianisation looms. The new bypass would be about right, but it doesn't really come within about seven miles of the centre which isn't that great either. I'd suggest the Craibstone junction of the AWPR, but not directly off the A96 if you want to charge and get home in the same day. I haven't seen any more definite news or updates on this?

The Supercharger strategy is primarily to have them sited on routes rather than in city centres. They are not intended for day to day charging by the local population.

Reactions: CMc1 and ringi
The map now shows Newbridge as coming soon. This is where the Edinburgh service centre is, so I assume that they are putting superchargers in there.

I wonder if they will close the two at Edinburgh airport. It is only a few minutes away from Newbridge and I am told that it costs Tesla a fortune as it is in the staff carpark at the airport. I must admit we often use it to pick people up saving us the £5 the airport charges. IT is actually closer than many of the spaces in the short term car park.

Noticed the M3 map has been updated, with some of the locations now showing the correct number of CCS stalls.

Not all locations (like Oxford), but some including Woodall, which wasn’t reflecting August’s upgrade until last week.

I wonder if they will close the two at Edinburgh airport. I must admit we often use it to pick people up saving us the £5 the airport charges. IT is actually closer than many of the spaces in the short term car park.

Ahh, I knew someone had to be using it but never seen it occupied. It is a bit in the middle of nowhere. A bunch of stalls at or near the service facility would make more sense, but just getting to them from the passing motorways would be very confusing if you are not used to the traffic pattern, which may well be the case for people on long trips.

The map now shows Newbridge as coming soon. This is where the Edinburgh service centre is, so I assume that they are putting superchargers in there.

I wonder if they will close the two at Edinburgh airport. It is only a few minutes away from Newbridge and I am told that it costs Tesla a fortune as it is in the staff carpark at the airport. I must admit we often use it to pick people up saving us the £5 the airport charges. IT is actually closer than many of the spaces in the short term car park.

That would make sense as there is reasonable space at Newbridge and the Edinburgh SC is in a poor location and takes a while to find even if you know the airport (and you need to speak via an intercom to get access) . Oddly the in-car navigation from Edinburgh to Perth (Broxden) SC travelling South to North along the A90 takes you a very weird route (but OK travelling North to South) so i hope it works better for Newbridge. I understood that Tesla used the Garmin Nav engine with Google maps overlay so i'm not sure why it does poorer routing than my stand-alone Garmin GPS.. I don't suppose anyone know what is happening with Berwick Upon Tweed - any signs of activity?

Reddit user /r/DrJohnM has reported a new Supercharger at the InterContinental London O2:

Tesla installs 12 V2 superchargers at the InterContinental London O2 (SE10 0TW). Six are currently working with a further six in the next days. Chargers are on the first floor of the indoor carpark.

Parking is free for the first 30 minutes, however, I checked with the hotel and the will validate your ticket if you are using the superchargers.

Up to now, all superchargers in London have been north of the Thames. These are the first in south London.​

lon1.jpg
lon2.jpg

• Informative
Reactions: cezdoc and davidmc