Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki UK and Ireland Supercharger Site News

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello to everyone... newbie here.
Maybe not the best thread.... but close ;)

I won’t have a destination charger for a while so I will have to survive on SC and similar...
Luckily I have 2 SC quite close to me and a 7KW in a car park where I stop often..
The question that I wanted to ask is... for Tesla chargers in car parks... do you pay both parking AND charging? o_O Or do you get discount at either charging/parking? (This question refers to the Tesla 7KW charger in the pay by the hour car park).

There should be a sign, it’s up to the land owner to decide. Destination chargers aren’t managed by Tesla, they just supplied the hardware.
I’m regular at car park and I’ve stopped to check the the charger *cough* Tesla’s charging :rolleyes: *cough* and never saw any instruction RE payment..

but contacted the carpark in question via their website and they confirmed that the chargers are all free once staying in th me car park.
Thanks guys

Any idea on opening dates for Brighton, Dorchester and Amesbury superchargers? All 3 are listed as coming soon 2020.

From a planning or decision perspective, assume they will never happen.

If they ever do it is a bonus, but don't make plans assuming they will exist.
If you want to gauge whether there is any prospect of something happening at a specific site, you could look at the map here:
supercharge.info
- this tracks locations with (crowd-sourced) evidence of construction or planning permission.

Note there is nothing around Brighton, Dorchester or Amesbury.

Also note that planning permission does not guarantee the project will go ahead (see, e.g. Leicester Forest East) and there are several sites where construction has started but some other snag has prevented completion (see Brighouse, Chandler's Cross). So +1 for @Mark_T 's advice!

Aberdeen is getting a Service Centre and Showroom on Wellington Cir.. Superchargers will follow! Does this count for a blue dot on Supercharge Info?
11AB8D3D-CB36-47BD-B3EE-741F3B7CA95F.jpeg

Aberdeen is getting a Service Centre and Showroom on Wellington Cir.. Superchargers will follow! Does this count for a blue dot on Supercharge Info?
I would be inclined to agree with @Alexa. Tesla have recently opened a few more Superchargers at Service Centre locations in the UK so of course there is speculation that the Aberdeen Service Centre will get some, but given that none of the planning documents show any chargers there doesn't seem to be any firm evidence to back up the speculation at this stage.

Reactions: CMc1
I'm waiting for my M3 LR at the moment and my in laws are in the Penzance area, so we spend a lot of time there.

At the moment I think I'll be relying on the genie point at St Erth Station. A supercharger near Truro or Penzance would be useful...

i used Sainsbury's when I was in Penzance last year and since then Tesco's have added chargers too. It's not a problem.

North Greenwich (Intercontinental O2) Supercharger - does anyone know if all 12 stalls are live now (or if you're close enough can you check the live info on the car Nav or app?). There's a recent picture on the Superchargers app which appears to show all covers are off the chargers but it's not 100% definitive.

North Greenwich (Intercontinental O2) Supercharger - does anyone know if all 12 stalls are live now (or if you're close enough can you check the live info on the car Nav or app?). There's a recent picture on the Superchargers app which appears to show all covers are off the chargers but it's not 100% definitive.

UK Supercharger Site News - reported in this thread as operational a few weeks ago

UK Supercharger Site News - reported in this thread as operational a few weeks ago
Thanks, I was homing in on the phrase "the next days" as in (quoting the linked post) "Six are currently working with a further six in the next days". I know the further six stalls still weren't active a week after the linked post was made, but I've now found some other posts and it seems all 12 were active by mid Feb if not earlier. Tesla Time can be very elastic so photographic proof of live stalls (be it from the location itself or the live available stalls icon on the Nav) at a new supercharger provides reassurance.

Reactions: CMc1