Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki UK and Ireland Supercharger Site News

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I see Pease Pottage on the ‘Supercharge.info’ website has had it’s status changed to ‘undefined’.
Does anybody know what, if anything, is happening to this site?
Theres a permit in place for 12x Superchargers, but nothing on the Tesla website (not uncommon).

There was confusion over construction starting several month back but turned out to be a new telephone cabinet.

There were talks of new construction starting a few days ago, but nothing conclusive and just speculation at this point.

Keep an eye on the Wiki for latest info

Just managed to take a picture of work happening at Leicester so hopefully won't be long till they are live! Sorry it a poor picture lolView attachment 645920
LeicestershireLive news has reported that the site could be open from the 1st April (shops will allow collection only where safe to do so), so the new car park and chargers "could" be open then. If not, then all open on the 12th April (unless the government changes things again)

View attachment 631870

Purdy Lodge update (Berwick). Looks like they have finished swapping the charger location (it used to be the other way around), and things are getting close to being finished.

Pretty sure they have dropped from 8 down to 6 though annoyingly.
We have had some progress at Purdy Lodge. Unfortunately, it's backwards progress. Looks like they have dug it up for the 3rd time, and may be moving the 2 Supercharger boxes.

IMG_2088.jpeg
IMG_2087.jpeg
IMG_2085.jpeg
IMG_2084.jpeg
IMG_2083.jpeg
IMG_2082.jpeg
IMG_2081.jpeg

We have had some progress at Purdy Lodge. Unfortunately, it's backwards progress. Looks like they have dug it up for the 3rd time, and may be moving the 2 Supercharger boxes.

View attachment 646952View attachment 646953View attachment 646954View attachment 646955View attachment 646956View attachment 646957View attachment 646958
Thats frustrating! We are (lockdown easing permitting) staying in Northumbria for a week in April and they would have proved very useful, not sure if they will be live in time.

There is still a chance, this work from the looks of it is progressing nicely, and hopefully won't take too long. What comes after that, I have no idea though ha.
Thanks for the update & pictures, really interesting to see what's going on south of Berwick. Any chance you can take a placard down there asking for pull-through sites and maybe re-instating 8 rather than 6 stalls "while they are at it"? I'm sure the ground crew wouldn't mind a few more design changes at this stage 🙃

• Funny
Reactions: AnthonyLR
This is such a strange situation and it'll be interesting to see what they've changed. It's proving to be a troublesome site having been altered twice now, especially this time when all the groundworks, tarmac, line painting etc ere completed. It makes me think something unexpected came up during commissioning that's resulted in have to excavate the site a 3rd time. It'll turn out to be a costly installation.

This is such a strange situation and it'll be interesting to see what they've changed. It's proving to be a troublesome site having been altered twice now, especially this time when all the groundworks, tarmac, line painting etc ere completed. It makes me think something unexpected came up during commissioning that's resulted in have to excavate the site a 3rd time. It'll turn out to be a costly installation.
It’s in such a great spot for my golf trip in late June from London to Muirfield. I really hope it is ready by then. I can stop there to charge to 90%, arrive at Muirfield with 60%, giving me enough to get back there on my home trip without having to use (heaven forbid!) a non-Tesla charger.

Wikipost update (#1): @CMc1 and I have been developing some tables that collate reports and status updates for the various proposed UK Superchargers. We've started adding links to the relevant posts and map locations on supercharge.info/Tesla's website so hopefully it will be a helpful reference to negotiate all the useful information/back stories buried in this thread.

It looks like 4 of the 5 "Q1 2021" sites are close to opening, plus Leicester Fosse Park West. I would expect a lot of openings in April which will also tie in with easing of lockdown restrictions. Beyond then it will be interesting to track what happens as we move into Q2 where there are a lot more proposed sites but less evidence of activity on the ground.

Keeps us on our toes, I suppose. Strange it wasn’t on public roadmap though. Was even on PlugShare app straightaway which is unusual - showing it’s tucked into the top corner of car park so less chance of ICEing.

I wonder if you can actually get access though as the site is currently closed. Could be a slip up and published early until we get confirmation that someone has charged there and it’s actually accessible. No doubt we’ll have photos soon

Keeps us on our toes, I suppose. Strange it wasn’t on public roadmap though. Was even on PlugShare app straightaway which is unusual - showing it’s tucked into the top corner of car park so less chance of ICEing.

I wonder if you can actually get access though as the site is currently closed. Could be a slip up and published early until we get confirmation that someone has charged there and it’s actually accessible. No doubt we’ll have photos soon
Might have a drive up there this weekend to have a gander. Still only got 190 miles on the odometer after nearly a month's ownership.