Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki UK and Ireland Supercharger Site News

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Isn’t Gravity a potential Tesla Gigafactory site?
Yes, but from rumours from various sources I think it'll be for battery production rather than cars.

Handy as it has a freight train link to Bristol Port which is trying to obtain 'freeport' status. Initial application was rejected but they should be able to appeal:

Reactions: AnthonyLR
Aberdeen now showing fully operational again. Strangely most the Scottish locations don’t show stall numbers/availability
If that’s the pin on the map then it may be down to them being out of reach for your car’s current range/charge. I think the logic is that considering these stalls require at least one charge to reach there’s not much point showing the live occupancy on the map. It should still show details if you click on the pin though.

Edit: Just seen NorfolkMustard already answered.

Looks like that info is only available upto ~300 miles from current location
I’m currently south so makes sense but I’m sure I couldn’t see it when I was in northern England and less than 300 mi last week. Will confirm.

If that’s the pin on the map then it may be down to them being out of reach for your car’s current range/charge. I think the logic is that considering these stalls require at least one charge to reach there’s not much point showing the live occupancy on the map. It should still show details if you click on the pin though.

Edit: Just seen NorfolkMustard already answered.
Yeah it’s when clicking the pin I meant. Already understood the general map logic.

Also, when/why was the kWh pricing removed from the location info? Only shows idle fees now across the UK.

You see no kWh prices if you have free supercharging I think.

the ~300mile limit for other data may be relative to the cars max/EPA range perhaps. i.e. I know the solid/translucent difference is based on current battery range, perhaps the other data is based on battery max/potential range.
I can get quite an accurate measure of the "stalls available limit" from my end of the country - I just had a look and can see the status of Grantham at 298.7 miles but not Keele at 311.4. So I'd bet on it being 300 miles as the crow flies and as I have a MS 70 it's probably just a notional 300 mile limit for all cars. Now I'm tempted to use upcoming Scottish lockdown-easing freedoms to drive to Peterhead this weekend to see if I can view the live status of Vikeså (Norway): frustratingly it's just out of range at 315 mi from where I am now.

I can get quite an accurate measure of the "stalls available limit" from my end of the country - I just had a look and can see the status of Grantham at 298.7 miles but not Keele at 311.4. So I'd bet on it being 300 miles as the crow flies and as I have a MS 70 it's probably just a notional 300 mile limit for all cars. Now I'm tempted to use upcoming Scottish lockdown-easing freedoms to drive to Peterhead this weekend to see if I can view the live status of Vikeså (Norway): frustratingly it's just out of range at 315 mi from where I am now.
I'm heading to Peterhead on Sunday - will try to remember to check.

Construction seems to be underway at the Cardiff location, assume they're preparing for the Superchargers.

image0.jpg
image2.jpg

Looks like that info is only available upto ~300 miles from current location
You see no kWh prices if you have free supercharging I think.

the ~300mile limit for other data may be relative to the cars max/EPA range perhaps. i.e. I know the solid/translucent difference is based on current battery range, perhaps the other data is based on battery max/potential range.
When I travelled back north, the Scottish charger’s stall capacity once again became visible. However the ~300 mi does seem to vary. I could see this in France at 335 mi

Attachments

• 10BA6A1A-0BA2-477F-8670-C2E8C5CAB263.jpeg
    10BA6A1A-0BA2-477F-8670-C2E8C5CAB263.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 66
Reactions: cezdoc