Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK Tesla App v4

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

DaveW

May 21, 2019
Beds, UK
Moderator comment - thread renamed from "iOS app v4 - widgets are now here :)" to be more general

You can now download v4 of the Tesla app and have a live widget on screen :)

There’s also a full width one too.

Attachments

• ECC5D393-0996-48FC-9838-435195945B8B.jpeg
    ECC5D393-0996-48FC-9838-435195945B8B.jpeg
    223 KB · Views: 163
Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Talon
Correction - working now. Went back in the app then immediately switched to adding a widget and it showed at the top.

I seem to recall there used to be a shortcut on the iPhone if you swiped left to have quick access to unlock etc. Has that gone now?
Nope, you can still add the Tesla widget to that weird left screen of widgets.

The v4 App is not being offered on iOS v12.5.4 (iPhone 6) - requires iOS 13.0 or later

I'm probably due a new phone this year as more and more app updates (some more than just cosmetic/new features) are no longer supporting this device

Release notes for v4 - looks to be some useful features

1629969375763.png

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: Mark-R
Charge port is more easily accessible
location is more accurate (ish). It used to give the only road name near to my property but I don’t live on that road. Now it actually names my neighbour’s house as the location! To give the house name is impressive. Shame it’s the wrong one ;)

Not sure if I'm fully awake yet but it seems like supercharger availability has been removed...
You need to go to vehicle location and zoom out until you see the nearest. A slight annoyance (that was there before) is it only shows the nearest 5 as the crow flies, and a pair either side of a motorway therefore count for 2 of them. I think it would be better to show all within say a 50 mile radius now they've switched to showing them on the map, or why not just show them all.

Reactions: Timdoggg85
You need to go to vehicle location and zoom out until you see the nearest. A slight annoyance (that was there before) is it only shows the nearest 5 as the crow flies, and a pair either side of a motorway therefore count for 2 of them. I think it would be better to show all within say a 50 mile radius now they've switched to showing them on the map, or why not just show them all.
Excellent find, makes it a little more difficult but happy it's there nonetheless