Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

UK Tesla App v4

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
yea i just checked it out but its not showing all supercharger locations or how many are available.
Right. I have to use the in-car screen for determining how many SCs are available. I mainly use that other app when I am away from the car and interested in traveling to an unfamiliar area and want to get a general idea of supercharger locations.

Reactions: Timdoggg85
Another question for peeps with a PowerWall.

I keep reading that you can "easily take you home off the grid by selecting Go Off Grid", but I'm damned if I can find that option in the app - it's available on the web interface, so I definitely have the right firmware.

Anyone seeing this option in the app? Where it is?

Another question for peeps with a PowerWall.

I keep reading that you can "easily take you home off the grid by selecting Go Off Grid", but I'm damned if I can find that option in the app - it's available on the web interface, so I definitely have the right firmware.

Anyone seeing this option in the app? Where it is?
I saw it in the notes but I don’t think it’s a U.K. option

Reactions: Tonybvi
Can anyone use the new app with sharing a location from google maps? Seems to have stopped being an option…
Just tested it with Apple Maps, and sharing a location to the Tesla app still works.

(I like Apple Maps because sometimes you find ways you never would have know existed otherwise--not always the fastest way, to the correct location, but always interesting. ;) )

• Funny
Reactions: OttoR and gaswalla
Not got the update yet (Android) but hearing that the Vent option has gone? Can anyone confirm?
I confirm it is definitely there as I inadvertently pressed it just before washing a large bit of bird dirt off the rear window and got a load of water in the back of the car. Buttons right at the bottom of the controls screen not a great location IMO. Assuming Android will be same as iOS.

I confirm it is definitely there as I inadvertently pressed it just before washing a large bit of bird dirt off the rear window and got a load of water in the back of the car. Buttons right at the bottom of the controls screen not a great location IMO. Assuming Android will be same as iOS.
OK, great. Watched an Australian review of the app on YouTube who suggested it was missing so I'm glad it isn't.

just reminds me how annoying widgets are. They’re basically just big shortcuts with a graphic on. You can’t *do* anything directly on them which severely diminishes the value for me.

On the old widgets on the swipe right screen you can click on buttons to do stuff without launching an app - perfect for hue lights, turning on smart switches, copying a 2FA code from authy - and unlocking my car. Now no matter how big the widget it just launches the app.

The weather ones are ok but they need significant improvement and more options for developers.

Charge port is more easily accessible
location is more accurate (ish). It used to give the only road name near to my property but I don’t live on that road. Now it actually names my neighbour’s house as the location! To give the house name is impressive. Shame it’s the wrong one ;)

video from tech taff mentioned if you click the charge icon on the home screen of the app - which brings up the charge limit and ‘unlock charge port’ option, then quit the app - that comes up next time you launch the app so you can always have unlock charge port immediately availalbe.

thats a nice shortcut, although would have been nice for Tesla to add that as a direct button on the home screen if you’re plugged in. I have the tesla watch app now so tend to use that (have all the shortcuts on a face next to my normal one so they’re just a swipe away)

Although I now live in the correct house & Tesla have given next door back, my nearest supercharger (Flint) is not showing, just four others in England.
The description is there though so maybe Tesla applies some sort of weird border nationalism.
IMG_3863.PNG
IMG_3862.PNG

Attachments

• IMG_3862.PNG
    IMG_3862.PNG
    283.5 KB · Views: 67
Last edited:
You're kind of both right.

The widget was available for anyone who had it active at (I think) iOS 13, but was not available to activate after that. So if you had it then you kept it, but if you didn't then this is the first time you can have a widget.
I had a widget on iOS 14 with buttons that actually did stuff without opening the app. It was in the side drawer if you swiped right. It was not a third party solution as I don’t use any other apps for my car. These buttons have now gone and been replaced with a picture that just opens the app.

Reactions: doats1
I had a widget on iOS 14 with buttons that actually did stuff without opening the app. It was in the side drawer if you swiped right. It was not a third party solution as I don’t use any other apps for my car. These buttons have now gone and been replaced with a picture that just opens the app.

Yes same here. Though thinking about it now, it took just as long to navigate to the widget and unlock/lock the car as it did to just open the app and do the same. The missing feature now is checking the status without waking it, which opening the app does.

Reactions: Stach
Undocumented Siri integration

There's a longer list here